NORTH CAROLINA: ElectriCities Election
- Why utility board membership is changing. Leone, Marie // Electrical World;Jan1996, Vol. 210 Issue 1, p62
Presents a profile of members that comprise electric utility boards in the United States. Rate of board-member turnover at electric utilities; Creation of Spencer Stuart Board Index (SSBI) to survey boards of publicly traded companies; Average total cash compensation for utility board directors.
- Board profiles. // Electric Perspectives;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p50
Studies demographic characteristics of directors at publicly owned electric utilities in the United States. Women directors coming from outside the utility; Compensation and participation; Composition.
- Utility board survey reveals diverse membership. // Electric Light & Power;May96, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p6
Highlights the 1995 Spencer Stuart study which revealed that electric utility boards have a much diverse membership compared to the annual national Spencer Stuart Board Index (SSBI) of 100 of the leading United States public companies. Higher representation of women; Greater outside director...
- The director's dilemma. Weaver, Charles // Management Quarterly;Summer90, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p5
Presents guidelines for how directors of electric utilities can fulfill their trusteeship responsibilities with regard to human resources without undermining the manager's prerogatives in day-to-day operations. Responsibilities by the board of directors; Measurable indicators for use by...
- Utilities' outside directors have varied backgrounds, new... // Electric Light & Power;Jul97, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p4
Presents the second annual survey of the boards of 50 leading electric utilities produced by Spencer Stuart Executive Search Consultants. Backgrounds of outside directors hired by some companies; Percent of all utility board members that are outside directors; Range of cash compensation of...
- Karnes Electric Coop returns $500K in capital credits. // Wilson County News;10/15/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 42, p4A
The article reports on the authorization of the return of 500020 dollars in capital credits to the members of the cooperative by the board of dircetors of the company Karnes Electric in Texas.
- Saudi Arabia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/18/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the selection of the members of the board of directors at the Saudi Electricity Co. Private sector representatives; Appointment of deputy ministers as directors.
- Baldor Promotes Ryan Fitts to Directory of Quality. // Electrical Wholesaling Exclusive Insight;12/10/2015, p3
The article announces the promotion of Ryan Fitts to director of quality at Baldor Electric Co.
- 15 Lessons Learned: A Journey from Pediatrics to Corporate America. Fabius, Raymond // Physician Executive;May/Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p22
Discusses lessons learnt by a physician who shifted from working at an inner-city paediatric clinic to global medical director for General Electric Co. Honor of teaching residents and medical students; Participation in a changing health care environment; Need to appreciate the perspectives of...