GEORGIA: November Decline
- ILLINOIS: Not Meeting Target. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on tax collections in Illinois for the second quarter of the fiscal year 2002. Difference between actual and estimated tax collections; Budgetary problems faced by the state.
- States' Revenues Down for 2nd Consecutive Quarter. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p4
Presents information about corporate and personal income tax collections by various U.S. states as of February 13, 2002. Increase in sales tax collections; Reduction in corporate income tax collections.
- Report: 32 State Revenues Hurt by Drop in Personal Income Tax Intake. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31539, p4
Reports on the fall in adjusted tax revenues in Washington as of December 2002. Reasons for the fall; Comparison of adjusted tax collections in the state in the third quarter of 2002 with that in the corresponding period in 2001; Increase in the unadjusted tax revenues during the 2002 fiscal...
- The body politics of tax collection. Steiss, Carl F.; Cyrenne, Yvon // CA Magazine;Mar1998, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p12
Offers views for and against the development of an independent tax collection agency in Canada. Information on the intensions of Ottawa to establish the Customs and Revenue Agency, which will collect taxes for all levels of government.
- The story of a state tax audit. Markey, John E. // CPA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p67
Presents a response to a question on state tax audits. Issues contested by International Technidyne Corporation (ITC); Concern with ITC distribution of samples; Background information.
- Tax bounty hunters on the trail of New Yorkers. Kenny, Robert; Zemsky, Kenneth T. // CPA Journal;Jun96, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p66
Reports on the controversy over the compensation of tax bounty hunters or private tax collectors in the United States. Battle over the legality of the practice; Issues of contention; Unauthorized disclosures; Consumer fraud; Due process and conflict of interests.
- Tax foundation reports increase in tax collections. // CPA Journal;Aug98, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the increase in federal, state and local tax collections in the United States in 1998, according to an analysis by Tax Foundation Senior Economist Patrick Fleenor. Total amount of the tax collected; Percentage of the increase per household.
- KANSAS: Revenues on the Rise. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/16/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33417, p9
The article reports on the increase of tax collections, estimated worth 447 million U.S. dollars, in Kansas as of October 2010.
- Sales Tax Collections Rise. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/14/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33432, p7
The article reports on the increase in sales tax collections in Texas in November 2010 which totaled 1.84 billion dollars.
- Tax man in Russia comes up short. Ingwerson, Marshall // Christian Science Monitor;7/15/96, Vol. 88 Issue 160, p1
Reports on the declining tax revenues collected by the Russian State Tax Service for the first half of 1996. Comparison with Western European countries' tax revenues; Complexity of the Russian tax code; Tax-boosting policies being considered by the government.