ALABAMA: Another Session?
- And for official state bird, the loon. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jul/Aug1997, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p7
Reports that Massachusetts legislature has moved on to the critical task of naming into a higher supremacy. Reason why Texas is moving into unchartered terrain.
- Beware of a lame duck. // Business News New Jersey;11/15/95, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p28
Editorial. Comments on bills that have been languishing in New Jersey's 206th Legislature. Business community's lack of interest in what goes on in the Legislature.
- The End of the Seventieth Congress. // Congressional Digest;Mar1929, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p81
Examines the end of the 70th Congress on March 4, 1929 in the United States. Night and Sunday session; Reapportionment bill; Immigration legislation.
- The 70th Congress. // Congressional Digest;Mar1929, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p81
Examines the 70th Congress in the United States. Membership in the Senate and in the House; President officer in the Senate and in the House; Floor leaders in the Senate and in the House.
- Action Taken by Congress. // Congressional Digest;Mar1929, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p82
Presents a daily summary of the proceedings of the U.S. House and Senate from January 21, 1929. Resolutions; Bills; Conference reports.
- The Senate. Davidson, Alastair; Davidson, Mary-Ellen // Legaldate;Mar98, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
Features the Australian Senate. Elections for the Senate; Powers of the Senate under the Constitution; Role of the Senate; Senate committees; Senate reform.
- System failure award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/15/96, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p1
Criticizes the New York States Legislature for failing to change the Padavan Law of 1978.
- LI'$ fact$. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/19/96, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p1
Proposes the abolition of one of the two houses in the New York State legislature as part of the major reform of the state's legislative process.
- It's not really over. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;07/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p11
Reports on unfinished business in the Nevada Legislature after adjournment of its 1997 session. Includes interim studies for future legislation; Continuous operation of standing committees.
- Centre of discontent? Milne, Kirsty // New Statesman;May97 Supplement, Vol. 126 Issue 4332, p20
Talks about the far-reaching effects of a Scottish assembly that the Labour Party promised to legislate in its first year of government. Need of party workers in Scotland to work on a summer campaign; Existence of a pro-devolution consensus; Sound reasons for Tories to turn pro-devolution;...