The Trading Floor
- It's Salomon, By a Nose. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31419, p1
Reports the first place secured by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. among senior managers for the first half of 2002. Total bond issues of the firm; Edge over the municipal securities group UBS Paine Webber Inc.; Business deals of the firm.
- Municipals End Higher With Treasuries; Salt River Power, Fla. DOT Bonds Priced. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Increase of municipal bond prices; Price increase in the issued bonds of the Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District; Purchase of construction bonds by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. from the...
- Salomon SB finishes atop quarterly league tables. // High Yield Report;07/05/99, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p1
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. led in the issuance of junk bonds in the United States during the second quarter of 1999. Market trends; High yield junk bond issued; Salomon's market share.
- BMA-Libor Ratio Spells Trouble for Municipal Swaps. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31540, p3
Reports that U.S.-based financial consultancy firm Salomon Smith Barney Inc. said that it does not expect the ratio of Bond Market Association (BMA)-to-Libor indexes to return to its historic norm in the near term as of December 2002. Reasons for the expectation; Impact of the expectation on...
- Salomon Offer May Highlight Strips' Value. // American Banker;8/7/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 150, p19
Reports on the launching of an offer to buy $94.4 billion worth of United States Treasury's coupon Strips (Separate Trading of Registered Interest and Principal Securities) by Salomon Smith Barney. When Salomon's tender offer began; Strips that the offer is targeting; Why the Strips market has...
- Power community will plug away at its effort to grandfather debt. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p1
Reports on the performance of top senior managing underwriters in the municipal bond market in the United States in 1999. Includes Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Goldman, Sachs & Co; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Bear, Stearns & Co.
- Record volume of underwritings keeps Salomon Smith Barney on top. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;01/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30550, p30
Looks at the performance of municipal bond managers in the United States in 1998. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s maintenance of its number one position; Influence of the funds amassed by PaineWebber Inc. on its maintenance of second place rating; Other top bond managers; Bond sales by states;...
- Municipals Relinquish Week's Gains; Select Yields Raised on New Issues. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31418, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of June 2002. Accounting fraud issue involving WorldCom Inc.; Designation of price to the airport facilities bonds of Greater Orlando Aviation Authority by Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Purchase of Nevada general obligation bonds by ABN AMRO...
- Time for overhaul. Folk, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;04/19/99, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p12
Argues that the United States bond market is in need of a major overhaul. Alleged failure of domestic bond market indexes to reflect the enormity of the universe of potential investments; Differences between the indexes from Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch and Salomon Smith Barney Inc. with...