Negotiators Set Up Defense Bill, Emergency Spending Rider
- Congress' Budget Level is $3 Billion Under Bush Figure. // Sea Power;Aug2003, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p18
Reports that the House and Senate each approved the Defense Appropriations Bill for fiscal year 2004. Amount of funds provided by the approved bill in new discretionary spending authority for the Department of Defense; Meeting between the House and Senate in a conference committee to iron out...
- We Must Ensure Pay for Our Military. HITCHISON, KAY BAILEY // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);7/14/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p2
In this article the author discusses aspects of the proposed legislative bill, Ensuring Pay for Our Military Act, which will guarantee the paychecks for the U.S. military particularly during government shutdowns.
- House Defense Appropriators Back $427.4 Billion Budget, Want Second JSF Engine. Cahlink, George // Defense Daily;6/8/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 48, p1
This article reports on the decision of defense appropriators in the U.S. Congress to support a $427.4 billion fiscal year 2007 defense spending bill, which includes money for a backup engine for the Joint Strike Fighter. Lawmakers approved by voice vote the bill, which includes $50 billion in...
- Senate To Weigh Ill-Fated Bills That Cut DoD Funding, Alternate Engine. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;3/8/2011, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p1
Information on two defense budget bills, of the U.S., to be taken up by the Senate Appropriations Committee (SAC), is presented.
- We Prepare for War. // America;5/12/1934, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p99
The article reflects on the statement made by North Dakota Senator Gerald Nye that the U.S. has led all other nations in preparations for war. According to Nye, the nation has increased its armament expenditures by 190% from 1913 to 1930. The author claims that the Vinson navy bill signed by...
- Defense Spending Bill On Senate Floor This Week. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;3/7/2011, Vol. 249 Issue 43, p8
Information on a seven-month defense appropriations bill, of the U.S., which is awaiting approval, is presented.
- Compromise DoD Authorization Bill Moves To House, Approps Deal Takes Shape. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;9/24/2008, Vol. 239 Issue 60, p6
The article reports on the approval by the House and Senate appropriators to include partial procurement funding for a DDG-1000 destroyer and LPD-17 amphibious ship in the U.S. House-Senate negotiators on the defense authorization bill agreed to compromise measure. The House Armed Services...
- Double trouble. // Missoula Independent;5/26/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p10
The article focuses on the impact of the Patriot Act Extension and the dangerous Defense Reauthorization Act of 2012 in Montana. It states that the said bill increases the military budget by 4.1 percent with 553 billion dollars for the Pentagon's base budget and another 118 billion dollars for...
- House OKs Continuing Resolution to Fund Programs as Fiscal Year Winds Down. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32476, p6
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. Congress of a $447 billion defense spending bill. The bill included a provision to continue funding government programs, including those that aid state and local governments through November 17 at fiscal year 2006 funding levels. The House approved...