- Monday's Market: Muni Prices Close Sharply Lower; $90M El Paso Refundings Priced. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p2
Presents information related to bond market in the U.S. as of December 17, 2001. Decrease in municipal bond prices; Factors responsible for decrease in bond prices; Economic conditions of the treasury market.
- To buy bond funds or individual bonds? Decker, Tim // Central Penn Business Journal;2/22/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p14
The author discusses the advantages and disadvantages of buying bond funds and individual bonds, with particular consideration on avoiding risks, the value of bonds, and structuring individual bonds as bond ladders.
- Delta's Kentucky Debt Down 15 Basis Pts. Since Settlement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/1/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32577, p44
The article reports that prices of bankrupt Delta Air Lines Inc.s' Airport Board bonds for the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport projects have dropped by about 15 basis points since news of a proposed settlement has circulated. Based on the report, investors who wish to...
- Minnesota's $475M GO Offering Includes First Retail Order Period. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/20/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33202, p3
The article reports on the launch of formal retail-order period for a general obligation sale by the state of Minnesota. It mentions that the state has released statement to possibly issue 906 million dollars of new money and refunding bonds. It notes that it aims the refunding bonds for a...
- With Low Yields, Insured Funds Suffer From Lack of Demand. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p7
This article reports that insured funds or mutual funds in the United States have suffered lack of demand due to low yield. According to Lipper Inc., insured bond funds have barely been eking out positive results so far in 2006, as they have produced an average total return of just 0.04 percent...
- Lebanon debt. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/25/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the market performance of the Global 09 bond in Lebanon. Decrease in the price of the bond.
- Triple-A Louisville Water Board Deals $206M, With Big BAB Piece. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/7/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33228, p32
The article reports on the plan of Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government Water Works Board in Kentucky to sell 78.5 million of tax-exempt advance refunding bonds and 127.8 million of federal taxable Build America Bonds on December 8, 2009. It notes that the offering is expected to be...
- Inside Morningstar's New 401(k) Lineup. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;Oct2009, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
The article provides information on several 401(k) plans in the U.S. in 2009. They include Pacific Investment Management Co. (PIMCO) Commodity RealReturn Strategy (PCRIX), Loomis Sayles Bond (LSBDX) and T. Rowe Price Short-Term Bond (PRWBX). It specifies that these funds are low-cost funds that...
- Competitive Sales Notices. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33780, p10
The article offers information regarding notice of bond sale at Minnesota. It mentions that Jennifer Wachowski, President of the Board of Education of the Evans Brant, of the U.S., will receive sealed proposals at 11:00 a.m. on September 18, 2012, at that time it will publicly opened and...