Texas: Alien Probe Pulled
- Just not true. Gonzalez, William G. // Modern Healthcare;9/14/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 37, p17
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "We Do Not Want This" in the August 10, 2009 issue.
- France: Restrictions on residence visa for HIV-positive immigrants. Pearshouse, Richard // HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;Dec2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2/3, p39
The article reports that non-French citizens in France with serious illnesses may remain in the country with a residence visa if they don't have access to medical treatment in their home country, following amendments to French immigration law adopted in 1998. The residence visa qualifies the...
- Federal Court orders re-determination of HIV-positive Zimbabwean's refugee claim. Chan, Jennifer // HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;Dec2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2/3, p42
The article offers information on the Canadian Federal Court's decision to order the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) to re-determine an HIV-positive Zimbabwean man's refugee claim. The issues before the Court were the evidence regarding the applicant's access to health care in his home...
- HIV-positive gay Mexican's Convention refugee claim denied. Chan, Jennifer // HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;Dec2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2/3, p44
The article offers information about the Canadian Federal Court, which upheld an Immigration and Refugee Board's (IRB) decision in May 2006 refusing to grant refugee status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to an HIV-positive gay man from Mexico. The Court find the IRB's...
- APHA supports strong seat belt laws, drug price negotiations. Late, Michele // Nation's Health;Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the actions taken by the American Public Health Association (APHA) on several public health bills in the U.S., as of April 2004. Reasons behind the decision of APHA to oppose the Undocumented Alien Emergency Medical Assistance Amendments; Factors that contributed to the support of...
- Special Eligibility Groups. // Illinois Register;12/19/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 51, p23537
The article presents a notice issued by Illinois Department of Healthcare & Family Services regarding proposed amendments in rulemaking regulating special eligibility groups. It mentions that the rule govern kidney transplantation for noncitizens with end-stage renal disease, disabled adult...
- Medical care when you need it. Richter, David // China Business Review;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p46
Discusses the hospitals and treatment facilities available for foreigners in China. Availability of medical evacuation companies; Presence of foreign outpatient clinics; Availability of Western doctors; Presence of excellent doctors and well-equipped hospitals; Emphasis of the Chinese on the...
- Chinese care providers for foreigners. Richter, David // China Business Review;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p48
Presents a summary of the services available for foreigners in China's major cities. Ambulance services; Dental services; Pharmacy; 24-hour services; Hospitals with employees who understand foreign languages. INSET: Evacuation services..
- Overseas visitor demands hospital investigation. // Pulse;11/3/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 44, p42
Offers tips on how British physicians should deal with an overseas visitor who demands medical examination. Referral of the visitor to a hospital for investigations and treatment under the National Health Service; Performance of essential treatment.