COLORADO: Denver Deal
- School district mulls adding bond projects. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);8/16/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p1
The article reports that public schools in Spokane, Washington are considering the addition of bond-funded projects to save 47.7 million dollars.
- CPS Mulls $356M Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/16/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32446, p31
The article announces that the Columbus Public Schools (CPS) is set to vote on whether to advance refund of up to $356 million of outstanding debt in Ohio. The objective of the advancing of refund is to increase the bond fund of CPS after discovering a deficit due to an error in tax collections....
- Triple-A Wake County, N.C., to Sell $502 Million of GOs. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/16/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33080, p3
The article reports that Wake County is expected to sell $502.4 million of general obligation bonds to finance school construction and refund older bonds in North Carolina. It states that the deal illustrates the county's financial strength among issuers as several triple-A states turned to...
- DPS board on closings 'It wasn't us!'. Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;11/10/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, pA1
The article focuses on the announcement by President of Detroit Public School Board Lamar Lemmons that bond funds for school improvement were wasted when the state government of Michigan was in control of the district.
- WISD considers options for remaining bond funds. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/22/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1
The article focuses on the discussion of the Whitney Independent School District (WISD) Board of Trustees in Texas to consider options for using the remaining bond funds such as the construction of football field at Whitney High School, a tennis court, and repair of the track at Baker Field.
- Jackson, Miss., Voters O.K. First Bonds in 21 Years. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;6/12/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 38, p4
The article presents information on the Mississippi-based Jackson Public Schools' first election victory in 21 years, leading to bond approval by city voters. City voters last week approved more than $57 million in bond requests. School officials hailed the bond vote as a significant triumph for...
- Mesa, Ariz., Schools Weighing $29M Refunding, Plus Certificate Sale. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31954, p4
Reports on the plan of Mesa Unified School District No.4 to vote on a creative refunding plan in Maricopa County, Arizona. Enrollment accounts of Mesa out of the state's total public school population; Anticipation of George T. Ziegler, director of financial services of the district for the...
- IOWA: Polk GOs Another Way. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on the sale of general obligation (GO) bonds by the government of Polk County, Iowa to pay for Iowa Events Center project in Des Moines, Iowa. Reasons for the sale of GO bonds.
- Analysts: First-Ever Mexican Municipal Debt Issue Could Spark More Deals . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p6
Reports on the sale of certification of obligation deal of municipal debt issuance in Mexico. Estimated amount of the obligation deal; Necessity for the sale of obligation bonds; Preference of Mexican bonds in the international market.