COLORADO: Road Raise
- Colorado's Owens: Austerity got the good times rolling. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p32
Profiles Bill Owens, state treasurer of Colorado. Views on the role of the Tabor Amendment in the state's economic boom; Front-runner for the 1998 Republican nomination for governor; Stint as a government consultant at the Touche Ross & Co.; Governor Roy Romer's proposal to use the excess...
- Harmony corridor offers retail bright spot for NoCo. Centers, Jessica // Northern Colorado Business Report;5/8/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p19
The article focuses on the economic effect of Front Range Village shopping center located in Harmony Road in Fort Collins, North Colorado to the city. It states that the shopping center was able to generate 54 million dollars in taxable sales from its opening in August 2011-March 2012. It says...
- Colorado's Governor Labels Streamlined Sales Tax Project a 'Cartel'. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31655, p4
Governor of Colorado Bill Owens warned that a campaign to streamline sales and use tax systems across the country is an attempt to impose a national sales tax cartel on consumers by forcing them to pay new Internet-based taxes that would require the creation of a huge bureaucracy to administer....
- Good roads crucial to agriculture. Arens, Curt // Nebraska Farmer;Jul2011, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p8
The article discusses the importance of good roads to the agriculture industry in Nebraska especially in the delivery of farm products to market. It notes that Senator Deb Fischer has been worried on the changes in the federal funding for road development and maintenance in the state. However,...
- Optimistically speaking. Schwab, Robert // ColoradoBiz;Nov2000, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p9
Presents a series of articles which deals with the business sector and economy of Colorado.
- Colorado slowing down from boom of early '90s. Wipf, Larry J. // Inside Tucson Business;12/15/97, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p11B
Discusses the economic condition of Colorado in 1997. Factors affecting its economic growth; Unemployment rate; Projected increase in personal incomes and retail sales; Forecast on the continued economic growth of the state.
- Colorado surges ahead. // Colorado Business Magazine;Aug93, Vol. 20 Issue 8, Plain Paper pPP1
Reports on the economic conditions in the state of Colorado for the first quarter of 1993. Employment; Real estate sales; Economic indicators below early-1980s figures; Signs of economic recovery.
- A growth slowdown. Adams, Tucker Hart // Colorado Business Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p98
Discusses the economic slowdown of the state of Colorado. Reasons for the decline; Consumer saturation; Improved national economy; Completion of infrastructure projects; Downsizing of the defense industry; Price increases; Effects on housing.
- Forecast '95. Wells, Garrison // Colorado Business Magazine;Jan1995, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p16
Presents a forecast of Colorado's economy for 1995 by several economists. Effect of national issues; Issues identified by First Interstate economist Brian Cary; Forecasts on real estate; Tourism industry; Agriculture; Manufacturing; Retail; Communications; Transportation.