ARKANSAS: Distress Story
- Nonteachers Swell Districts' Payrolls. SUPERVILLE, DENISA R. // Education Week;8/20/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p5
The article provides information also available on the periodical's website regarding 2014 research into the impact of non-teaching school employees on U.S. school district payrolls.
- Michigan Floats Emergency Loans to Troubled School Districts. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/29/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34100, p1
The article reports that Michigan Emergency Loan Board has issued two emergency loans for school districts such as the Pontiac School District and the Benton Harbor school district, under its emergency management plan. Topics discussed include budget deficits faced by the Pontiac school...
- Rating Pressures Rising for Florida School Districts, Fitch Report Notes. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;8/10/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33563, p3
The article reports on the rise of credit pressure for some of the 67 school districts in Florida due to the effects of the recession linger.
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING TO DISCUSS BUDGET AND PROPOSED TAX RATE. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p10
The article announces the public meeting organized by Kopperl Independent School District, Kopperl, Texas on August 31, 2012 for discussing the budgets and tax rates of school districts.
- TRIMMING COSTS in Personnel & Health Care. Valenti, Ronald D. // School Administrator;Jan2009, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of using differential staffing and collective bargaining to reduce personnel and health care costs in his school district.
- N.D. schools feel impact of tax-abatement choices. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;11/12/97, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p17
Looks at the renovation of North Dakota School Boards Association's office in Bismarck. Impact of tax-abatement on several districts in North Dakota; Information on payment in lieu of taxes (PILOT) to a corn-processing plant; Principle behind tax incentives.
- Tax rate may drop. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/16/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that the residents of Whitney Independent School District (WISD) expect a decrease in their tax payments. The tax rate may be dropped, if the school board approves the new rate proposed in the public meeting on August 21, 2006. The article also reports that an increase in...
- Back to school. RUPKALVIS, DAVID // Inside Tucson Business;8/21/2015, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the economic impact of school districts in Southern Arizona, particularly on the employment.
- ARKANSAS: No Longer Distressed. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/20/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32571, p9
The article offers information on the decision of the Arkansas Board of Education to remove the Pulaski County Special School District and the Cross County School District from fiscal distress list of the state. The terms of the 2003 Omnibus Quality Education Act include the condition that...