Bond Insurers: FSA Enters the Guaranteed Investment Contract Business
- FSA Picks First Muni DirectorRichbourg to Lead Five Finance Teams. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;4/23/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31123, p1
Reports that bond insurer Financial Security Assurance Inc. (FSA) has hired investment banker Scott Richbourg as managing director to oversee its municipal finance department. Municipal groups of FSA; Reason for creating the post of managing director in the municipal finance department of the...
- The MuniCenter Confirms Lehman, FSA as Both Investors and Providers. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p6
Reports the investment of Financial Security Assurance (FSA) Inc. and Lehman Brothers in the electronic trading platform of MuniCenter in Chicago, Illinois. Access to online municipal bond insurance for the secondary market; Expectation for additional insurance providers; Representation of FSA...
- Dexia SA Gets $9.2 Billion Capital Injection as Two Executives Resign. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;10/1/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32973, p21
The article reports on the plan of Dexia SA to finalize its support to Financial Security Assurance Inc.'s financial products unit (FP) in the U.S. Under the terms of the capital raising plan, Dexia will receive an investment from the governments of Belgium, France, and Luxembourg through equity...
- Insurance Woes. Herman, Jack // Financial Planning;Oct2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p38
The article reports on the decline in insurance penetration in early September 2008 following Moody's Investors Service placing Assured Guaranty Corp. and Financial Security Assurance Inc. on review for downgrade. Reasons for the decision are discussed while the two companies continue to...
- Atlanta Set For $750M Airport Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31893, p1
Reports on the finalization of Atlanta, Georgia on an offering for Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport that the city will sell the bulk of on June 2, 2004. Interest in how investors will accept the deal which is laden with debt backed by passenger facility charges (PFC); Basis of PFC solely...
- Financial Security Assurance expands, especially in the West. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p33
Reports on the performance of Financial Security Assurance Inc. as of October 24, 1997. Increase on its national market share; Attribution of its success to a fully staffed office in San Francisco, California; Benefits of its acquisition of Capital Guaranty Insurance Co.
- FSA rises in the bond insurers ranks. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30427, p38
Reports on the rise in Financial Security Assurance's market position for the first half of 1998. Result of a reshuffle among bond insurers.
- Rhode Island Convention Center Authority Back With $58M Deal. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p3
Rhode Island Convention Center Authority issued an insured, $57.71 million refunding revenue bond deal on June 24, 2003. Credit rating company Fitch Ratings Inc. assigned the Series 2003A bonds AA-minus in its first underlying rating of the authority's debt. The structure of Series 2003A bonds,...
- After stop at ACA, Bozzo joins FSA. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p34
Reports on Andrea Bozzo's appointment as director of Financial Security Assurance Inc.'s northern municipal bond group. Career history; Reaction to her departure from Fitch IBCA Inc.; Clients at Fitch.