N.J. Passes Bill Expanding Powers of County Bridge Agency
- Trends in the Region: Michigan Legislation May Raise the Price Tag for Issuance. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p41
Reports on the consideration of legislation to broaden voters' rights to seek referendums on limited-tax obligation bonds in the House of Representatives in Michigan. Provisions of the legislation; Impact of the legislation on bond funds; Possible approval of the bill.
- Oversight Could Delay Conn. Project. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p1
Reports on the possible delay in the project of bond-financed incentive package for the steel point redevelopment project in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Reasons for delay in the project; Factors responsible for economic problems in the city; Measures taken by the government for economic development.
- Democratic Governors Send $157B Stimulus Plan to Bush, Lawmakers. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p5
Reports on the urge of Democratic Governors' Association to the U.S. administration and the Congress for enactment of an economic growth package. Views of Washington governor Gary Locke on the need of an economic growth package; Benefits of the package proposed by the association; Funds...
- Suffolk weighs amendments to Empire Zoning. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/23/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 35, p5A
Reports on the bill for the economic development in Suffolk County, New York. Terms of the proposal; Benefits of the proposal for the county; Size of the Empire Zone.
- Groups Seek Job Growth Through Community Investment. Williams, Walt // State Journal (WV);2/11/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p9
The article notes the efforts of two organizations, the Vision Shared and the Generation West Virginia, which aim is to promote economic development in proposing a legislative bill that would allow grants to communities in West Virginia for building amenities which may attract businesses and...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p34
Reports on the status of the legislative bills in the U.S. Approval of the tax cut and economic stimulus plan; Repeal of the 10-year rule for future single-family mortgage issues; Endorsement of the corporate tax cut bill.
- Texas House Passes Rio Grande Valley Rail District Bill. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;5/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32626, p7
The article focuses on the HB 2510, a bill written by representative Armando Martinez of Texas, which allows for the creation, administration, and financing of a commuter-rail district with the authority to issue bonds. The bill allows the 14 border counties to establish rail district to fund...
- School Deposit Safeguard Hits Small Banks in Colo. Kuehner-Hebert, Katie // American Banker;7/23/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 140, p1
A new Colorado law meant to safeguard school districts' funds could inadvertently deprive the state's community banks of tens of millions of dollars in deposits. The new requirement is a result of Senate Bill 237, which was passed in April to protect bond funds from misuse by preventing...
- Four Long Island Issuers Weigh $255M for Environment. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31954, p32
Reports on the consideration of lawmakers for the approval of environmental referendum in Long Island, New York. Value allocated for the environmental fund that would protect open space, small parks, and farmland; Provision under the proposed legislation; Opposition of some environmentalist...