Wisconsin Governor: Budget Shortfall May Top $1.3B
- WISCONSIN: McCallum Meets. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the efforts of governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Estimated budget deficit of the state; Proposed reduction in the budget spending.
- Wisconsin Legislature Considers $1.1B Budget Repair Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p3
Reports the proposal of budget repair legislation by the lawmakers in Wisconsin. Elimination of deficit on the 2003 fiscal budget by the bill; Request for the agreement with the proposed legislation by Governor Scott McCallum; Debate on the legislation by the Senate.
- Facing Structural Deficit, Wisconsin Governor Slashes Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p48
No abstract available.
- Wisconsin Governor Proposes Tobacco Funds to Plug Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p3
Reports on the measures planned by the Governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Plans to utilize proceeds from a proposed tobacco securitization; Criticism of the plan by the Democratic Party; Importance of the plan to improve the economic aspects of the state.
- Wisconsin's Walker Plans to Tap Surplus for Tax Cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/21/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34046, p1
The article reports that Wisconsin governor Scott Walker is planning to outline tax cut proposals in his state of the state address as of January 21, 2014. It mentions a statement by Walker which reveals that deficits and double-digit tax increases are over and the additional revenue will be...
- A False Choice. Brownstein, Ronald // National Journal;6/9/2012, p11
The article focuses on the leadership of Republican Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin, the challenges he faced, his strategies and response in solving the challenges, and its corresponding effect. It mentions that budget crisis in the state has been dealt by Walker with confrontational solution...
- Citing Deficit, Governor Now Proposes Wis. Delay Exam. Blair, Julie // Education Week;2/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p23
Focuses on the debate over a high school graduation exam in Wisconsin, and the outlook for a delay in its implementation under a proposal by Governor Scott McCallum. Description of the test, which is being developed by CTB/McGraw Hill; Cost to produce the test that is scheduled to be...
- Wisconsin Governor's Budget Threatens Massive Library Cuts. Flagg, Gordon // American Libraries;Apr2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the anticipated cuts in library funding by Wisconsin, as proposed by Governor Scott McCallum. Issue of the state's billion dollar-plus budget deficit, which will reduce state aid to municipalities; Campaign being led by the Wisconsin Library Association to oppose the cuts; Outlook...
- Western counties enjoy manufacturing job growth. Cobb, Kathy // Fedgazette;Jan1993, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p15
Reports that manufacturing jobs in west central Wisconsin grew by 29 percent between 1981 and 1991 according to state Job Service statistics. Jobs in the Chippewa Valley; Manufacturing growth attributed to the expansion or move of companies from the Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota area;...