Mississippi Hospital Sale Moving Forward
- On the Hook. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p33
Reports that the city of Las Cruces and Dona Ana County in New Mexico would assume Memorial Medical Center's $59 million of bond debt if a buyer could be found for the financially troubled public hospital as of July 15, 2003. Criteria for a possible sale or lease of the memorial.
- California Health District in Chap. 9. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/13/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33198, p1
The article reports on the move of the Sierra Kings Health District in Reedley, California to file for Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcy protection after knowing that the proceeds of the bond sales in 2006 and 2007 were misused. According to the hospital district's financial statement, it has been...
- Detroit bankruptcy plan: A math problem. LaBrecque, Leon C. // Michigan Citizen;3/16/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 19, pA6
The author discusses aspects of a potential math problem of the bankruptcy plan relating to the pension and bond systems in Detroit, Michigan.
- Missouri Levee District Files Chapter 9. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;8/5/2014, p28
The article reports on the move of Lakeside 370 Levee District in Missouri to file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy in August 2014. Topics covered include its restructuring plan as well as efforts to boost its bond prospects. Also mentioned is the release of unrated bonds of the district in 2008 to...
- Children's Hospital Check. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32351, p37
The article reports that the State Treasurer has presented a check amounting to 9.1 million dollars to the University of California Davis Children's Hospital in Sacramento. This first payment was resulted from a 750 million dollars bond measure approved by voters in 2004. The measure directed 20...
- Schiff Hardin Partner: GO Pledges Should Be Defined. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;10/10/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F339, p1
At The Bond Buyer's California Public Finance Conference, Schiff Hardin's Rick Frimmer discussed the implications of recent developments in municipal bankruptcy.
- Delta's Kentucky Debt Down 15 Basis Pts. Since Settlement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/1/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32577, p44
The article reports that prices of bankrupt Delta Air Lines Inc.s' Airport Board bonds for the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport projects have dropped by about 15 basis points since news of a proposed settlement has circulated. Based on the report, investors who wish to...
- CALIFORNIA: El Camino Hospital OKs $150M. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/23/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32593, p9
The article reports on the approval on the sale of $150 million of revenue bonds by El Camino Hospital in California. The business deal considered as the second of three planned financings of a new hospital building approved by Santa Clara County hospital district voters. According to...
- Chicago hospital files Chap. 11, closes doors. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;04/24/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p12
Reports the bankruptcy filed by Doctors Hospital of Hyde Park in Chicago, Illinois. Information on the hospital; Details on its bankruptcy filing; Financial data of the firm.