Monday's Market: Muni Prices Close Sharply Lower; $90M El Paso Refundings Priced
- Muni Bond Funds Dropped $3B in Net New Cash Flow in June. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32682, p6
The article reports that the tax-exempt bond funds dropped $3 billion in net new cash flow as of June 2007 in the U.S., based on the data released by the Investment Co. Institute. The decrease in inflows is the result of a slide in bond prices in the first half of the month that resulted in...
- Hungarians Still Selling Out Of Bond Funds. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p7
Reports that Hungary's national elections have failed to stop the government bond fund redemption in April 2006, despite a recovery in bond prices. Decrease in the net assets of the country's debt products; Decline in the country's bond prices; Interest rate imposed by the U.S. Federal Funds as...
- Indexes Keep Rising, Thanks to Heavy Supply, Treasury Slump. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p31
Reports on the increase in indexes as municipal bond prices decreases in the face of heavier supply and a fall of the Treasury market in the U.S. Amount of the general obligation bonds and several large deals in California; Indication of a growth in gross domestic product; Average yield to...
- Munis Finish Higher After Treasuries Rally. // Bond Buyer;12/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32273, p2
The article focuses on the impact on municipal bond prices and yields in response to a surge in Treasuries. The up-trend was ignited by bond-friendly productivity, housing data and labor cost. Treasuries carried higher when the Labor Department stated that unit labor costs fell by 1% in the...
- Reoffering Yields . // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p30
Reports on the developments related to the U.S. bond market as of December 18, 2001. Statistical data on bond sales; Details on bond rates.
- Delta Under Pressure. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p1
Reports on the decline in the prices of municipal bonds that are backed by payments from Delta Air Lines Inc. Reason for the decline in bond prices; Implications of Delta Air Lines' financial situation for the bondholders of the company; Percentage of the company's outstanding municipal debt...
- Bonds For Smarties. Updegrave, Walter // Money;Dec2004, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p85
The article provides information about bonds. Bonds are based on a simple idea: When you buy one, you've essentially lent money to a company or a government, and they pay you back with interest. Yet following what's happening in the bond market can be baffling. Once you understand the basic...
- State and Local Government Series Rates . // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p40
Presents statistics on series rates of the U.S. treasury bonds as of October 26, 2001. Average series rate of the bonds for the three months prior to October 2001; Series rate of the bonds for the year 2000; Bond rate for 10 years prior to 2001 as of October 24, 2001.
- General Obligation Bond Prices for January 18, 2002 . // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p41
Presents general obligation bond prices for January 18, 2002 in the U.S. Intermediate yield on bonds; Long-term yield on bonds; Long-term prices of the bonds.