Arena Deal Bounces Back
- Mutual Funds: Vanguard Dropping Insured Requirement for Some Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p31
Reports on the decision of Vanguard Group Inc. to eliminate investment guidelines on its six state-specific insured municipal bond funds which required the fund to maintain at least 80% of their assets in insured bonds. Reason behind the decision to eliminate investment guidelines; Effect of...
- Market Close: Shallow Issuance Leaves Munis Slow. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;10/4/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F339, p1
The article informs that government shutdown due to the governmental impasse may affect an upcoming debt which led to slow pace in the municipal market. It discusses decrease in pricing bonds with maturities between 2018 and 2019, whereas yields on bonds maturing from 2020 to 2022 have been...
- NEW YORK: Stadium Talks Back . McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p39
Reports on the agreement between sports teams and New York City for the City to finance the sports stadiums with bonds and for the teams to pay more than half of the debt service on the debt. Decision of the government to finance transportation and infrastructure improvements for the stadiums.
- ARIZONA: Pima Ponders Sports Agency. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/11/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32833, p9
The article reports on the approval of provisionary plan that would make a regional sports authority to finance baseball spring training facilities by Pima County officials in Tucson, Arizona. It stated that the existing stadium district is supported by a hotel tax and a surcharge on car...
- Arizona Agency Collects 18 Proposals for Stadium Site. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p32
Reports that the National Football League of Arizona and sports authority has collected 18 proposals for stadium site. Plans of the sports authority to issue bond funds to finance the construction of the stadium; Description on the site selection process of the sports authority.
- Glendale, Ariz., City Council OKs Bonds for MLB Spring Training Facility. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/28/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32660, p4
The article reports on the intent of the City Council in Glendale, Arizona to issue revenue bonds for the construction of a new baseball facility in the state. The said revenue bonds is intended to finance the development of an $80.7 million baseball spring training facility for the upcoming...
- Deadline nears for Omaha, Des Moines convention center plans. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;04/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30621, p3
Discusses the efforts of Iowa and Nebraska urban lawmakers to sell the idea of bond financing legislation to their rural counterparts before they adjourn in May 1999. Aim to provide funds for arena and convention projects in Des Moines, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska; Key aspects of the financing...
- WISD considers options for remaining bond funds. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/22/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1
The article focuses on the discussion of the Whitney Independent School District (WISD) Board of Trustees in Texas to consider options for using the remaining bond funds such as the construction of football field at Whitney High School, a tennis court, and repair of the track at Baker Field.
- Funds Tapped for Seating. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/4/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32353, p33
The article reports on the disbursement of a 4.3 million dollars in bond proceeds for the buying of 8,613 temporary seats for the new under construction Cardinals Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. The extra seats provided for the stadium will be used during major events, which include the annual...