Offshore knowledge incubation: the "third path" for embedding R&D labs in foreign systems of innovation
- Coordination Structures and Innovative Performance in Global R&D Labs. Persaud, Ajax; Kumar, Uma; Kumar, Vinod // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p57
Presents a study that analyzed the research and development capabilities of multinational corporations. Role of coordination and control mechanisms in the globalization of research and development activities; Statistical methods used in the study; Factors that influence the innovative...
- The internationalisation of R&D by multinationals: A trade-off between external and internal... Blanc, Helene; Sierra, Christophe // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Mar1999, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p187
Examines the internationalization of research and development by multinational firms. Organizational trade-off between external proximity and internal proximity; Source of ownership advantages; Capabilities theory of the firm; Importance of complementarity between geographical and relational...
- LETTER FROM THE EDITORS. Maniam, Balasundram; Nichols, Susan E. // Journal of International Business Research;Jun2012 Supplement, Vol. 11, pvi
A letter from the editors explaining the editorial policy of the "Journal of International Business Research" is presented.
- DEVELOPMENTAL STAGES. Poe, Margaret // PM Network;Feb2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p16
Statistics are presented on the top countries and multinational companies that have invested in research and development.
- GUIDELINES FOR GOING GLOBAL. // Finweek;9/19/2013, p14
The article offers guidelines for going into global business, including starting to think globally early, doing a market research, and building rapport with people and understanding their value system.
- LETTER FROM THE EDITORS. Maniam, Balasundram; Houston, Sam; Nichols, Susan E. // Journal of International Business Research;2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, pv
The editorial staff presents an introducttion to the initial publication of the "Journal of International Business Research" in January 2015 and includes information on the publication's editorial policy, the acceptance rate for the submitted manuscripts and online publishing of calls for...
- International Development Projects. Hedlund, Gunnar; Ridderstrale, Jonas // International Studies of Management & Organization;Spring/Summer95, Vol. 25 Issue 1/2, p158
Looks into the management of global-scale development projects by multinational companies. Problems in this process; Approach to these problems for the improvement of the management of global innovation.
- Governance Structure and the Creation and Protection of Technological Competencies: International R&D Joint Ventures in China. Li, Jiatao; Xie, Zhenzhen // Management International Review (MIR);Feb2016, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p123
International research and development (R&D) joint ventures have been widely used by multinational enterprises (MNEs) to enhance knowledge creation in a global network of foreign subsidiaries while at the same time, managing the critical task of protecting the knowledge transferred and created....
- The use of international R&D teams: an empirical investigation of selected contingency factors. Ambos, Bj�rn; Schlegelmilch, Bodo B. // Journal of World Business;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p37
Today, many organizations are adopting streamlined, adaptive hierarchies that increasingly employ teams in daily operations. This paper focuses on the use of teams in international R&D networks. Specifically, it investigates the incidence of R&D teams and analyses the influence of four...