S&P Adds New Posts to Tackle Accounting Questions
- S&P's merger of rating and data units could aid disclosure. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p30
Focuses on the merger of the rating and data division of Standard & Poor's Corp. Impact of the reorganized structure at the company on market data disclosure practices; Forecasts of officials that the move could improve the availability of investment-related information.
- S&P's Announces Restructuring Of Unit That Evaluates Financial Strength Of Insurers. // Insurance Advocate;03/31/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 13, p28
Reports on the restructuring of Standard & Poor's insurance rating group in the United States in 2001. Coverage of the changes; Reason for the reorganization; Units to be formed from the reorganization.
- Pennsylvania Insurance Dept. approves CIGNA plan for restructuring; S&P reaffirms debt ratings. // Insurance Advocate;2/10/96, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p23
Reports that Standard & Poor's has reaffirmed its debt ratings for CIGNA Corp. following the announcement on February 8, 1996 of the approval by the Pennsylvania Insurance Department of a slightly modified version of the group's restructuring plan. Double-A claims-paying ability rating of...
- S&P Lowers CIFG Financial Strength to B. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32947, p1
The article reports on a rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the financial strength of CIFG Assurance NA in the U.S. The agency downgraded CIFG's financial strength rating to B from A-minus, citing delays in the company's restructuring plan and slow progress in the insurer's attempts...
- Will XL Sell Off Financial Guaranty Unit? Tuckey, Steve // National Underwriter / P&C;12/5/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 46, p8
The article reports that the downgrade of XL Capital Ltd. by Standard & Poor's could lead to the shedding of the financial guaranty business of the company through a sale or initial public offering spinoff. The redeployment of an estimated 900 million dollars to more profitable and less...
- Dialog's McGraw-Hill News: Up-to-the-Minute Financial Briefs. O'Leary, Mick // Information Today;Feb1988, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p10
This article provides information on the McGraw-Hill News (MHN) database on Dialog. For MHN, McGraw-Hill assembled pieces from throughout its publishing empire, including Standard & Poor's, Data Resources, and its network of hundreds of far-flung news bureaus, to create a real-time business news...
- Utility ratings group realigns as it goes global. // Electrical World;Sep96, Vol. 210 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the realignment of Standard & Poor's utility ratings department. Global electric, gas, and water utility analyzing team to be headed by Edward Z. Emmer; Coverage of international telecommunications and cable television industry to be headed by Richard Siderman.
- Open-ended pool financing nears. // Electrical World;Jul98, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p10
Reports that according to the ViewPoint of Project Finance, Utilities, and Concessions report from Standard and Poor's Ratings Services, market participants are refocusing on credit risk. Why participants are refocusing on credit risk; Comments from William Chew, managing director, Standard and...
- Restaurant stocks moved in S&P index changes. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p14
Reports that Standard & Poor's Equity Services Group has reported that several restaurant stocks have been moved to different index classification after restructuring its listings for the restaurant industry group. Companies that were moved to other classifications.