Slow Economy Making Public-Private Deals Popular
- 4Ps seek legislation on PFI. // Public Finance;03/28/97, p3
Reports that the British private finance initiative (PFI) group 4Ps has presented the Environment Department with a proposal to clarify the legality of local government PFI projects. Need to convince the private sector on the PFI powers of councils.
- More deals set to follow, says 4Ps. // Public Finance;10/10/97, p7
Reports on the progress of the first private finance initiative (PFI) deals in the local government sector in Great Britain as of October 1997. Description, site and value of the PFI deals.
- Town halls wary of increasing role of partnership. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;7/6/2001-7/12/2001, p9
Reports on the risks posed by increasing private sector role in British local government affairs. Opposition of local government authorities to increased private sector involvement; Projected rise in the range and scope of public services provided jointly with private companies.
- PFI could be a path to `best value' for councils. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;10/17/97, p13
Reports on the statement by British local government business manager John Maloney that the private finance initiative (PFI) could offer local councils some avenues to achieve best value objectives. Signing of the first local government PFI contract between Unisys and the Borough of Harrow in...
- LGA warms to business. Harding, David // Public Finance;09/11/98, p5
Reports on the launch of the Local Government Association's `Listening to Business' campaign in Great Britain. Association's efforts to improve relations between the business and local authority sectors; Identification of issues in which councils and businesses have a common interest.
- Councils sign ground-breaking PPP contract. Day, Karen // Public Finance;12/20/2002-1/9/2003, p9
Reports on the public-private partnership contracts of the Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes councils in England. Outsourcing of the information technology and human resources division of the local authorities; Level of savings from the deal; Political changes at unitary authority.
- Private investment to council boost from 4Ps. // Public Finance;11/17/95, p3
Reports the launching of the Local Government Public Private Partnerships Programme to attract private investments into government projects in Great Britain. Budget and duration of the program; Emphasis on the partnership aspect; Role of the body in advising councils and private firms on joint...
- THE MAIN PROBLEMS OF DEVELOPMENT OF LOGISTIC CENTERS IN RUSSIAN REGIONS. Kalenteev, Sergey // Modern Research of Social Problems;2012, Issue 1, p441
The article covers the problem of the formation of modern logistics centers in Russia: the absence of a common interpretation of the term "logistics center", the lack of legislative frameworks formation and operation of logistics infrastructure, the underestimation of the social significance of...
- Strategic partnerships must have long-term perspective, says think-tank. Joseph, Colin // Public Finance;7/20/2001-7/26/2001, p8
Discusses a report by British local authority think-tank New Local Government Network urging councils to ensure that public-private sector partnerships take a long-term view of needs and costs. Recommended life span of the partnerships; Other suggestions on how to achieve a productive working...