Session Examines Alternative Financing for Nation's Needy Schools
- Caddo Eyes School Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/12/2012, p7
The article reports that Caddo Parish Parishwide School District's trustees are set to vote whether to call an election on a 133.8 million dollars general obligation bond plan.
- Contractor Smarts and Costs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/16/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p52
Editorial. Opines that the willingness of local school districts in the United States to hire private project and construction managers has been an important weapon against inflation. Ability to understand the timing and nature of a project; Demand-side pressures on inflation; Role of U.S....
- Finances in focus. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p6
Reports on news briefs about finance in the United States as of March 2, 1999. Credit concern for the unfunded police pension liability in West Haven, Connecticut; Proposal by the Dallas Independent School District in Texas of a capital plan to address expanding student populations.
- Race is on. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/30/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p10
The article comments on the federal grants given to Ohio, under U.S. President Barack Obama's Race to the Top program, to promote transformational change in school districts across the state.
- Competitive Bond Sales. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F304, p1
The article presents several charts depicting the results of competitive bond sales of different public school districts in the U.S. including Eminence independent school district Finance Corp., Estill Company school district Finance Corp. and Litchfield Town.
- Philanthropy Gives Grants Aimed at Leadership. Olson, Lynn // Education Week;1/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p10
Reports the financial aid for states and school districts by the Wallace-Reader's Digest Fund in the United States. Emphasis on improvement of leadership for instruction; Enumeration of state recipients; Influence of conditions on performance of superintendents of principals.
- Negotiated Note Sales. // Bond Buyer;1/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34242, p1
A chart is presented which mentions that School District of Augusta, Wisconsin, is the issuer of negotiated bonds.
- Negotiated Bond Sales. // Bond Buyer;1/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34242, p1
A chart is presented which lists the issuer of bonds in the U.S. including Hamilton, Alabama, Board of Trustees - University of Arkansas System, Arizona, and Cabrillo Unified School District, California.
- New Mexico legislators may get another shot at school program. Preston, Darell // Bond Buyer;02/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30834, p1
Reports that New Mexico's budget impasse may give lawmakers a chance to consider bond-financed proposals to help school districts pay for capital projects. Constitutional amendment that will prompt more school funding; Proposals for the creation of severance tax bonds.