KDFA to Sell $108M for Sewer Projects
- Kansas Authority Combining Five Issues into One $39.2 Million Deal. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;6/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31164, p33
Reports on the Kansas Development Finance Authority's plan to sell a single lease-revenue bond deal that combines projects from several state departments. Refunding of three existing bond series; U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray's appointment as underwriter to the deal; Public Resource's selection as...
- Kansas Development Authority Readies $143 Million Deal. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;8/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31209, p4
Reports the plan to sell revenue bonds by the Development Finance Authority for financing water pollution control projects in Kansas. Accounts on the underwriters of the deal; Details on the recipients of the sale proceeds; Factors contributing to the strength of the high rating of the sale.
- Got Unclaimed Property? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p1
Focuses on a pending Kansas legislation that would give the state the ability to issue bonds guaranteed by income earned on its scale of unclaimed property. Important aspects of Senate Bill 660; Chance for the Kansas Development Finance Authority to issue up to $40 million of bonds to help fund...
- Funding Flaws Seen Persisting Despite Pension Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F331, p30
The article discusses the revival in pension obligation bond (POB) issuance that creates new risks for retirement systems according to rating analysts. Fitch Ratings warns that pension bonds represent deficit financing that could create a higher annual fixed-cost burden and higher liabilities....
- Kansas Development Agency Selling $50 Million Deal for Topeka Hospital. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;05/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31130, p3
Focuses on the Kansas Development Finance Authority's plan to issue health facilities revenue bonds for Stormont-Vail HealthCare in Topeka to finance new surgery rooms and refund old debt. Amount of bonds to be issued; Moody's Investors Service's rating on the hospital's outstanding debt.
- Moody's Raises Kansas Outlook to Stable From Negative. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32480, p32
The article reports that the Moody's Investors Service Inc. has raised the rating outlook of a $22 million revenue bond sale by the Kansas Development Finance Authority. Governor Kathleen Sebelius cites the state's strong economic upturn for the change in rating outlook. Analysts Edward Hampton...
- KDFA Sets 1st Transportation Revolving Fund Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p4
Reports on the sale of bonds from the transportation revolving fund of the Kansas Development Finance Authority. Distribution of the proceeds Kansas towns and counties in the form of low-interest loans for local road and bridge projects; Debt service on the bonds; Revolving loan arrangements and...
- Market Awaits First New Issuance of Week. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;8/11/2015, p1
The muni market is eagerly awaiting the first of the weeks' new issuance although really looking ahead to the Kansas Development Finance Authority's $1 billion pension deal, which is expected Wednesday.
- Fitch: Pension Obligation Bonds Won't Fix Public Pensions. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F331, p15
The article claims that pension obligation bonds (POB) will not correct unsustainable benefit and contribution practices and are not a form of pension reform, according to Fitch Ratings. It notes that the Kansas Development Finance Authority issued a billion U.S. dollar POB in August 2015 as a...