GFOA Panel to Take Up TIFs, Investor Relations, Debt Policies in January
- Committee Updates Best Practices for Taxable Debt. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;6/12/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33729, p20
The article presents information on the updated best-practices document on the issuing of taxable municipal debt, released by the debt committee of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
- GFOA Adopts Revised Recommended Practices. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31588, p4
No abstract available.
- Panel to Reclassify Recommended Practices. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/30/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33140, p22
The article reports on the plan of the Government Finance Officers Association's (GFOA) debt committee by January 2010 to reclassify its approximately 30 recommended practices documents into two categories in the U.S. It states that the project comes at the request of the issuer group's...
- GFOA members: Better America bonds restrict localities. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p5
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's criticism of United States President Bill Clinton's tax-credit bond proposals for the Better American Bond legislation. Provisions of Clinton's proposed tax-credit.
- Legislation: GFOA to Ponder NABL Tax Burden Proposal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p5
Reports that in the U.S., the Government Finance Officers' Association's debt committee is likely to decide at its meeting in January whether to officially support the National Association of Bond Lawyers' legislative proposal pertaining to tax burden. Details of the tax proposal; Need of...
- GFOA's `first priority' with Congress will be fight over Internet tax ban. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30330, p1
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's designation as top priority of its fight against legislation pending in the US Congress that would bar states and municipalities from taxing commerce over the Internet. Highlights of GFOA's Revenues Task Force meeting; Key provisions of...
- Calif. Pension System Promotes P-Share Class. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Advisor News;2014, p106
The article focuses on the resolution which supports the use of pension share classes (P-share classes) adopted by the Orange County Employees Retirement System (OCERS) investment committee. It mentions that the form of a proposed model published by the Government Finance Officers Association of...
- Debt Panel Agrees to Draft Document on BAB Issuance. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/30/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33140, p23
The article reports on the decision of the members of the Government Finance Officers Association's government debt management committee to draft a document outlining what finance officials must consider when weighing whether or not to issue Build America Bonds (BAB) in the U.S. It states that...
- Public funds face scrutiny from accounting updates. Bradford, Hazel // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p20
The article discusses the 2013 revisions to financial reporting rules by the U.S. Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). Topics include how the rule changes will effect public pension executives, the implementation of revised calculations for rating state and local governments' pension...