CMS Energy Hopes To Jettison Its Trading Business
- CMS Energy considers splitting utility, nonutility businesses. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;05/21/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p4
Reports the reorganization plans of CMS Energy Corp. in Lansing, Michigan. Investment focus of the company; Evaluation for a longterm growth; Expansion plans of CMS.
- CMS raises dividend. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;1/28/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p2
The article reports that CMS Energy Corp. has announced an 80% increase in the quarterly dividend on its common stock. The board of directors approved a dividend of nine cents per share, compared with the previous five-cent level. The dividend is payable February 29, 2008, to shareholders in...
- CMS Energy sells its Chilean natural-gas business for $80M. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;8/20/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p28
The article reports that CMS Energy Corp. has completed the $80 million sale of its interest in a Chilean natural-gas business. The firm's subsidiaries had a 50 percent interest in GasAtacama SA, which transports natural gas to northern Chile from Argentina. The company is planning to use its...
- CMS, DTE sell assets, focus on core utility operations. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;1/28/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on the sale of assets by CMS Energy Corp. and DTE Energy Co. to focus on their core utility operations. From 2002 through 2007, CMS sold $5.8 billion in assets. Its strategy has been to sell nonstrategic assets and use the proceeds to pay off debt and focus on Consumers...
- Fitch raises some debt ratings of CMS Energy. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;12/13/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p2
The article reports that credit rating firm Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded some of Jackson-based CMS Energy Corp.'s debt, citing the company's financial improvements and business strategy. Fitch raised its rating of senior secured debt from BB-to BB and raised preferred-securities from B-to B....
- ANNUAL MEETINGS. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/9/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p4
This article presents information on meetings of several business enterprises in Michigan. Some of the companies included in the article are: Comerica Inc., Amerigon Inc., CMS Energy Corp., Semco Energy Inc., etc.
- CMS selloff nears end. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;5/16/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p1
No abstract available.
- CMS withdraws from III. project. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/2/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p6
The article reports that CMS Energy Corp. has withdrawn from a planned $200 million investment to co-develop and co-own a new power plant in southern Illinois. CMS Enterprises and Peabody Energy Corp. based in St. Louis announced in October 2006 that they would co-develop the project known as...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p26
The article offers news briefs related to strategic plans of business enterprises in Michigan. CMS Energy Corp. is planning to sell of its $900 million ownership interests in businesses in the Middle East, Africa and India. International Transmission Holdings LP is selling 6.8 million shares of...