It's Their Debt, But It's Your Problem
- Pocketsful of Stress. // Financial Executive;Jul/Aug1999, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the effects that personal financial stress has on employees. Professor E. Thomas Garman said that debt is affecting the American workforce's job performance and retirement savings. The article states that research from Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University...
- 'Presenteeism' lowers productivity. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;6/25/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p29
Reports on the United States health organizations' increased attention to employee diseases that lower productivity despite being present at work. Common ailments that do not cause absenteeism but still have negative impacts on employee productivity; Dysfunctional results of such health...
- Swimming upstream. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 23, pE9
Focuses on trends illustrating employees' expectations on labor productivity in Chicago, Illinois. Survey on how hard employees should work; Average work effort by area employees.
- Time off improves creativity and productivity. // Personnel Today;8/6/2002, p4
Reports the improvement of employee productivity after a vacation in Great Britain. Reason of employees for not taking a holiday; Increase in creativity after taking a break; Percentage of employees taking full holiday entitlement.
- Individual-level determinants of employee shirking. Judge, Timothy A.; Chandler, Timothy D. // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Fall96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p468
Investigates individual-level determinants of employee shirking in the United States, using a sample of workers from the health care profession. Reasons why employees in the same organization or work-group might shirk; Effects of subjective well-being, job satisfaction, age, and perceived...
- Quick takes. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on employee work habits and their relation to productivity. Tendency of people who arrive at work early to feel more productive than those who arrive later; Distractions faced by people who work at home.
- HIRING For Retention, Productivity And Revenues. Robinson, Grant // Supply House Times;Sep2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p78
Focuses on the importance of effective hiring of employees. Effects of hiring mistakes on productivity level; Assessment of job applicants; Impact of training in improving the skills of employees.
- The Lakewood, Colorado Personnel System: Creating an Environment for Productivity. Menges Jr., Edward H. // Public Personnel Management;1980, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p257
Describes the personnel system for the development of organizational productivity in Colorado. Elements of the classification system; Objective of the system; Advantage of system on determining compensation level.
- The Future and Federal Training. Newell, Terry // Public Personnel Management;Fall88, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p261
Focuses on the impact of budget cut on employee training in the U.S. Importance of training on improving productivity; Significance of training on mediating organizational conflicts; Effect of technology on organizational behavior.