Give the New Disabled Employee a Chance
- KNOW HOW Assess the incentives. Ross, Emily // BRW;2/10/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p63
Focuses on the need for managers to know the right reward for an outstanding performer. Consideration of the alternatives to rewarding an aspirational performer with a pay rise; Offer for an opportunity for extended learning, a challenging project, or a promotion as ways of rewarding deserving...
- recession, engagement and talent. Winsborough, David // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the effects of recession on employee engagement. Particular focus is given to the attitude of employees during an economic crisis, particularly morale and engagement at work. According to consulting firm Watson Wyatt, engagement fell nine percent in 2007-2008. The...
- Investment banks hike salaries for in-house lawyers. Chellel, Kit // Lawyer;6/8/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the move of several investment banks to increase the salaries of their in-house lawyers to compensate for declines in bonus payouts in Great Britain. It states that legal salaries at UBS AG have been increased by up to 20%, while bonus pool paid to all staff has been...
- Bonus Babies. Ballenstedt, Brittany R. // National Journal;5/12/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p48
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Department of Defense to shift to a new personnel system. According to an online notice, 97 percent of the affected employees will receive performance-based payouts in 2007. It also notes the disadvantages of the shift to the new systems based on...
- discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;9/26/2006, p11
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management. One of the reader asks for suggestions to introduce new bonus schemes in his organization. Another reader enquires about new provisions that employers will offer for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
- discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;7/3/2007, p13
The article presents questions and answers on issues on personnel management. One asks about company policies related to doctor and dentist appointments during work time. There is apparently no legal requirement to allow paid time off for dentist and doctor appointments. Another asks whether...
- Performance-Based Discipline, Union Organizing, Bonus Taxation. Lau, Shari; Lee, Erin; Patton; Lee; Lee, Yvette // HR Magazine;Sep2009, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p27
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management including how to implement a performance-based discipline, ways to address union organizing, and the taxation of bonuses.
- Cashing out. Brearton, Steve // CA Magazine;Nov2013, Vol. 146 Issue 9, p9
Statistics are presented which look at annual raises and cash bonuses received by employees in the previous thirty years leading up to 2013, including bonus amounts, the percentage of Canadian companies linking bonuses to performance in 2004, and the value of the Canadian incentive travel industry.
- Jimmy THE BARTENDER. // Men's Health;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p62
The article presents questions and answers related to men including should one take lunch break when others do not, whether one should give back bonus on leaving the job and how to convince one's father to give up unhealthy habits.