- Garden fresh cooking. Cox, Jeff // Organic Gardening (08973792);Apr96, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p28
Discusses author's experiences with making a spring tonic salad from stuff in his garden. Preference for sharply bitter but fresh-tasting leaves; Ingredients of the salad; Mexican Lime Barley Salad recipe.
- Salad bars: as good as they look? Hayton, B. // Current Health 2;Sep87, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p14
How to evaluate public salad bars in cafeterias, schools, restaurants and supermarkets--cleanliness, perishable foods, caloric count of salad bar items, balancing a salad. INSET: How fat is your salad? Calories of salad dressings..
- Quinoa (the supergrain) salad! // Cosmopolitan;Nov93, Vol. 215 Issue 5, p170
Presents the recipe for quinoa salad.
- Parsley salad offers nutrition and taste with Mediterranean flair. // Environmental Nutrition;Apr93, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
Provides the recipe for tabouli, a parsley salad rich in vitamin C and folic acid. Ingredients; Procedure; Nutritional analysis.
- Salad days. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;May93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
Presents different salad recipes. Dilled tuna and pasta salad; Orzo salad; Black and white bean salad; Jo-Ann's Chinese chicken salad.
- Salad daze: Summer season ushers in the eating of the greens. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/96, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p37
Reports that summer increases cravings of consumers for salads in the United States. Availability of Caesar salads in quick-service to fine-dining restaurants; Incredible sales of iceberg salad at the Windows on the Green at the Phoenician in Phoenix, Arizona; Comeback of chopped salad at The...
- Leapin' lettuce. // Restaurant Business;04/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p140
Features a recipe for making a salad dish called Thai-Style Tuna and Fruit Salad. Instructions; Ingredients.
- Products. // Restaurant Business;04/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p140
Features different products used for making salads. Hunt's California dried tomatoes; Sea Star swordfish; Sugar food croutons; Uncle Ben's harvest salad; Sara Lee bakery fruit-filled muffins; Nabisco Oreo cookie crumbs; General Mills flour brochure; Marzetti's salad dressing; Rich's biscuits.
- Chop, chop. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;08/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 15, p111
Focuses on chopped salads. Preparation technique; Flexibility; Popularity at Perry's cafe in San Francisco, California; Ingredients; Offerings at Brother's BBQ; Salad base; Reuben Salad recipe.
- The recipes. Francois, Jean // Restaurant Business;11/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 22, p86
Presents recipes for salads. Includes Smoked Fish Salad; Fatoush; Greens With Walnuts and Blue Cheese.