Promoting salad bars
- Heathier choices gain favor. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p76
Reports on the entree salads offered in schools food service. Growth in the popularity of salads in elementary schools; Healthy salads served in some schools; Variations of salads offered at the Hillsborough County schools.
- At the bar. Lydecker, Toni // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p148
Features salad bars found in cafeterias controlled by Brandywine Schools District, which is located in Claymont, Delaware. Comments from food service director Kim Doherty; Information on the self-serve bars. INSETS: The game plan for ready-to-go salads.;Today Caesar reigns..
- Ethnic specialties rule. Pearl, Anita // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p72
Describes the popularity of deli sandwiches and salads in schools in the U.S. as of August 2002. Percentage of students at Kent Place School in Summit, New Jersey who will choose items from the deli bar; Recipe for Thousand Island Dressing from Kent Place; Price for a regular deli sandwich at...
- NEWS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p5
Presents news briefs on the food industry in the U.S. as of August 15, 2004. Resignation of Nadeem Siddiqui as executive director of dining services at Stanford University; Launch of specialty salads at Palm Beach School District as reimbursable meals in its middle schools and high schools;...
- Cypress salads a big hit. // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
This article reports on the increase in salad consumption in cafeterias at Cypress-Fairbanks Unified School District. Food service director Matthew Morgan says the district served approximately 2,000 salads per day before the new salads were added, but by the end of the year, it was averaging 3,500.
- Salad Satisfaction. // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p67
The article looks at the innovative fruit salad idea adopted by George Malchiodi, director of dining services at Flik Independent School Dining, for the Lycee Francais de New York in Manhattan, New York City.
- RUNNING HOT AND COLD: TODAY'S FOOD BARS. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p108
Focuses on the presence of salad bars in school cafeterias. Equipment used for hot and cold bars at the University of Colorado at Boulder; Use of ice in salad bars; Varieties of food items available.
- Rhapsody In Green. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p42
The article focuses on the salad offerings in cafeterias in the U.S. According to Heather Walker-Pardo of the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey University Hospital, they are getting away from traditional salads because people are generally eating healthier and looking for...
- Super Sides. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p38
This article looks at the interest of food service operators in the U.S. to use side dishes as sources of vitamins and minerals. According to the author, operators are using fresh vegetables, salad greens and grains to provide nutrition to their customers. She cites some restaurants and schools...