Make salads pay
- Who made the salad? Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p144
Provides strategies to make certain upgraded salads instant add-on-sale. Proper salad combination; Constant development of a slew of different salads and dressings; Fresh ingredients; Value and elegance, without reverting to the tried-and-true; Sturdy greens; Special freezer to keep salad plates...
- SALAD FUSION. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on the importance of entree salad in food service stations. Role of ethnic influence in entree salad recipe development; Preparations of the dressings; Price range of salads.
- Creative difference. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p74
Reports on the creative approaches used by food service firms in creating salads. Alternative ingredients used in the chicken Caesar salad Eurest Centers for Excellence; Preparation for the Shaker Salad feature; Importance of protein in salads.
- Heart-healthy appeal. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p78
Reports on the salads offered at hospital food service. Control of salad dressing on the patient menu; Popularity of chicken Ceasar salad; Hospitals that offered sizzling salads.
- Salad days for takeouts. Kramer, Louise // Crain's New York Business;8/20/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p1
Reports that the tossed-to-order salad concept has emerged as the hottest segment of the restaurant sectors of New York City. Foodservice establishments that added tossed-to-order salads to their menu offerings; Price ranges for tossed-to-order salads in New York City.
- ENTREE SALADS. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p79
Deals with entree salads from U.S. food service businesses. Size of entree salads; Factor differentiating entree salads from ordinary side dishes; Location of salad bars.
- Entree Salads. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p91
Focuses on how food service operators in the United States serve salads in their menus. Suggestions to bring about a shift in eating patterns towards more vegetables and fruits; Research findings on the salad offerings of food service facilities; Health benefits of salads.
- STRICTLY SALADS Â» FOURLEAF'S ASSEMBLY-LINE CONCEPT DRAWS A PACKED LUNCH CROWD. Fletcher, Sarah B. // ColoradoBiz;Sep2006, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p20
The article profiles Fourleaf Chopped Salads, a salad bar and restaurant owned by Lee and Monika Moffett which is located in Denver, Colorado. It could be noted that the couple started this business in July 2003. It offers grilled fresh steak, chicken, shrimp and tofu. It caters 12 pre-designed...
- CONSUMER SCORECARD. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/27/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 26, p4
Presents a chart depicting the share of main-dish salad orders at restaurants in the U.S.
- NEW TWISTS ON: FRUIT SALAD FAVORITES. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p90
Focuses on the varieties of fruit salads served in foodservice operations in the United States. Presentations by which fruit salads are served; Types of fruits used; Ingredients of salad dressings.