Lunch, breakfast biz up three-fold: Wired Magazine unites f/s
- After failed IPO: Wired focuses. Whitestone, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p59
Reports on the status and plans of Wired Ventures Ltd. in the wake of its failed initial public offerings (IPO) in 1996. Plan to focus on the company's core operations, `Wired' magazine and its Web version, HotWired; Projects dropped or suspended by the company; Financial performance in the...
- Wired unplugged. Eisenberg, Daniel; Hamilton, Anita // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/04/96, Issue 45, p66
Reports on the status in 1996 of Wired Ventures Inc. The publication of `Wired' magazine.
- Wired predicts profitability in '98. Whitestone, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;01/12/98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p8
States that Wired Ventures Incorporated has foreseen profitability by the end of 1988. How much the company decrease its operating loss rate by; Changes to the company.
- All wired up and nowhere to go. Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;11/4/1996, Vol. 128 Issue 19, p8
Discusses why Internet-media firm Wired Ventures Inc. backed out of its second try at an initial public offering. The contention that Louis Rossetto, Wired's chief executive officer, broke the SEC-required quiet period before going public; His memo to employees which made its way onto The Well,...
- Wired's next move: Plug in some cash. Whitestone, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;11/4/96, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p68
Focuses on Wired Ventures Inc.'s initial public offering. Filing of an amendment saying it had less than four million in cash and total assets of $10.3 million; Company's decision not to go through the offering on October 24, 1996 because of market conditions.
- HotWired rewired. // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/30/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 26, p23
Reports on Wired Digital's plan to relaunch HotWired with version 4.0. Wired Digital as the electronic publishing division of Wired Ventures.
- Selling attitude. Sloan, Allan // Newsweek;6/17/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 25, p52
Opinion. Examines whether someone should buy stock in Wired Ventures, the company which publishes `Wired' magazine. Review of the prospectus filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission; Criticism of the company's top offering price of $12 per share; The company's founders, Louis...
- Wired raises $20 mil, closes private placement. Lambert, Peter // Inter@ctive Week;12/16/96, Vol. 3 Issue 30, p10
Reports on Wired Ventures Ltd.'s announcement of its successful efforts to raise badly-needed funds from private investors. Company's claim that it will not attempt to go public against.
- Wired group plugs into three more projects. Sucov, Jennifer // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;9/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p16
Highlights projects of Wired Ventures Ltd. Launching of three magazines; Consumer-oriented design title; Use of funds from initial public offering for the projects.