CulinArt eyes healthcare
- A hospital's physician group goes under. Terry, Ken // Medical Economics;09/08/97, Vol. 74 Issue 18, p183
Focuses on whether the Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center was responsible for the hospital's physician group, Community Health Program (CHP) dissolving, while assessing if the group managerial style was responsible. Comments from President and Chief Executive Officer of LIJ, David...
- A pioneer in critical care medicine. C.G. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p25
Profiles David Dantzker, president of the Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New York City. Education; Career history; Affiliations; Plans for the medical center.
- NYS funds pregnancy care at LIJ. C.G. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/18/95, Vol. 42 Issue 38, p50
Reports on the prenatal assistance program of the Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New York State which is funded by the state Department of Health. Services offered to qualified applicants; Prenatal care assistance team; Contact information.
- Untitled. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/15/96, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p36
Reports that the Long Island Jewish Medical Center and Siemen's Medical Center in Lake Success, new York have formed a corporate partnership.
- Lung doctor's goal: Breathe life into LIJ. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;11/28/94, Vol. 10 Issue 48, p21
Features David Dantzker, president of the Long Island Jewish Medical Center (LIJ) in New York City. Need to balance clinical and financial aspects of hospital management; Vulnerability of teaching hospitals; Stabilization of LIJ's management ranks; Affiliation with the Catholic Medical Center;...
- New inpatient physicians making the rounds at LIJ. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;04/14/97, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p15
Reports that Long Island Jewish Medical Center is the only New York area hospital to adopt the concept of hospitalists, which consists of physicians who treat patients only in hospitals. Other New York area hospitals that are considering the concept; Criticism of the trend; Who the treatment of...
- A pioneer in critical care medicine. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/26/96 Supplement CEO Yearbook, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p8
Profiles Dr. David Dantzker, president of the LI Jewish Medical Center. Academic background; Career history; Dantzker's attribution to managed care and failure medicine; Dantsker's training program for advance clinical and laboratory skills.
- Choice of dilation ultimately a personal decision. Kourambas, John // Urology Times;Dec99, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the finding by researchers at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New York that the method used to dilate an access tract for percutaneous renal surgery should be a personal choice. Similarity of short- and long-term outcomes of the two most commonly used methods.
- Power outage provides lessons for Y2K. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;03/29/99, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p5
Examines how power outages can be handled in United States hospitals. Details on the case of the Long Island Jewish Medical Center; Frequent maintenance check of generators; Need for ample supply of frequently tested flashlights; Installation of manual resuscitators.