Food safety pilot: 'FDA testing f/s HACCP plan
- Eyes on Safety. Babyak, Richard J. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jan2000, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p40
No abstract available.
- APHA files comments, expresses concerns on food safety... // Nation's Health;May/Jun97, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p11
Reports that American Public Health Association (APHA) sent comments to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) about the agency's National Food Safety Initiative. Main concerns raised in an APHA letter to FDA.
- Hepatitis A vaccine for food handlers. // American Family Physician;2/15/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p878
Reports that food handlers have been added to the list of persons to receive the hepatitis A vaccine, by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), following a recommendation made the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACP). Why food handlers have been added to the list;...
- FDA Inspection of High-Risk Food Facilities. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;12/ 3/2013, p4
The article reports the views from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) examining the high-risk of domestic food facilities in the U.S. as of the fiscal year (FY) 2011 to 2011.
- FDA'S ANIMAL FOOD REGULATION IS FOR THE BIRDS. ELLIG, JERRY; WILLIAMS, RICHARD // Regulation;Summer2014, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p54
The article examines the U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulation called the Food Safety Modernization Act that require facilities manufacturing food for humans and animals to have preventive controls of contamination. It discusses the potential benefits of the regulation like reduced risk...
- Teen Science Classes Serve Up Lessons In Food Safety. // FDA Consumer;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p9
Presents information on a program created by the United States Food and Drug Administration and the National Science Teachers Association to teach middle and high school students about food safety and food science careers. Modules of teacher guides for middle level and high school educators;...
- Mandatory program is out: FDA backs-off produce regs. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p116
Reports about the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) view on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) food safety monitoring programs. Why HACCP is not appropriate for fresh farm products; Stand of produce industry on FDA mandatory practices.
- Raw produce and fresh-squeezed juices: Handle safely! // Jackson Advocate;7/18/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 41, p16A
The article reports on the reminder and warning of the government agency the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to consumers regarding the safe handling of vegetables and fresh fruits from the supermarket, garden or farm stand to prevent the multiplication of foodborne bacteria.
- Proposed Rules: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;2/5/2014, p7006
The article presents the proposed rule issued by the Department of Health and Human Services' Food and Drug Administration to create requirements for the safe handling of foods by carriers and shippers in the U.S. The FDA proposed the rule to ensure the practices of sanitary food transportation....