A look back: Huntsville Hosp.'s Marshall retires
- Cedric Junearick: Reluctant Star. King, Paul // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p28
The article profiles Cedric Junearick, foodservice director at Huntsville Hospital in Alabama. It states that Junearick has reduced his operating cost for about $2 million by streamlining inventory and reducing back-of-house waste in two years. It adds that he engineered the construction of a...
- Hospital Power Players: Huntsville Hospital. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/26/2015, p18
The article offers information on the Huntsville Hospital located in Alabama featuring the hospital's total number of licensed beds, number of retail dining outlets, and annua retail sales.
- Regional news. // Modern Healthcare;01/24/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p22
Presents update on hospitals in the United States as of January 24, 2000. Amount of cost-cutting measures planned by Huntsville Hospital in Huntsville, Alabama; Number of workers laid-off by Saint Francis Health System in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Information on the downsizing plan of Meridian...
- Virtual Solutions. MACKENZIE, KATHRYN // HealthLeaders Magazine;Feb2009, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p51
The article provides information on the implementation of a virtualization initiative at Huntsville Hospital in Alabama. According to Rick Corn, chief information officer (CIO) at Huntsville, desktop and workstation infrastructures can be extremely complex, unreliable and expensive, so their...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.