$500 mil. deal: Carnival set to purchase Cunard
- Cunard boosts capacity. Prior, Louise // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/20/2002, Issue 2514, p14
Reports that Cunard Line, owned by Carnival Corp., is planning to increase cruise capacity in Great Britain as of May 20, 2002. Ships of Cunard Line that will be operational by 2005; Cost of Carnival Corp. investment for Cunard Line; Information on the budget cruising strategy of Cunard Line.
- Queen of the Sea. McAllister, J. F. O.; Kiviat, Barbara // Time;1/19/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p48
Reports on the launch of the Queen Mary 2. Concern regarding recession in the cruise industry; Concern about terrorism; Success of the launch; Legacy of the original Queen Mary; Target audience said to be younger ticket buyers; Importance of positive publicity.
- Carnival Calls Review for Cunard. Griswold, Alicia // Adweek Southeast Edition;05/07/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p8
Reveals that Carnival Corp. has initiated the review of the advertising account of Cunard Line, a manufacturer of ships. Value of the account; Reason for the review; Consultant for the search of advertising agency by Cunard Line.
- Carnival to merge teams. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/8/2004, Issue 2604, p10
Reports on Carnival UK's plan to merge the Cunard Line Ltd. sales team into Total Cruise Solution in May 2004. Reasons behind the company's decision; Intention to avoid redundancies.
- Cunard. Block, Jeannie // Cruise Travel;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p26
Features the cruise company, Cunard Line Ltd. Growth strategies of owner Carnival Corp.; Plans for a class of superliners for the Cunard fleet; Rebranding and renaming strategy; Overall costs for the three completed projects; Visible pocketbook benefit to travelers.
- Last-Minute Europe Cruises. Young, Susan J. // Travel Agent;6/3/2002, Vol. 308 Issue 7, p56
Presents several promotions and activities by cruise lines. Roundtrip expeditions from Carnival Cruise Lines; Discounted value fares from Crystal Cruises; Offer of Cunard Line for family fares.
- CRUISE NEWS. // Travel Agent;4/10/2006, Vol. 325 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on developments related to cruises as of April 2006. American West Steamboat Co.'s "Empress of the North" ship will resume its normal cruising schedule in the Pacific Northwest. Carnival Cruise Lines has swapped itineraries of its "Sensation" and "Fantasy" ship. The Brooklyn...
- The Royal Treatment. Young, Susan J. // Travel Agent;11/29/2004, Vol. 319 Issue 4, p33
Profiles Pamela Conover, former president of Cunard Line and recipient of the ï¿½Travel Agentï¿½ magazine's 2004 Leader in Luxury in the cruise segment. Role in the revitalization of the Cunard brand and the successful launch of the Queen Mary 2 for trans-Atlantic travel; Outlook for the...
- The Queen and I. Hack, Susan // Conde Nast Traveler;Apr2004, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p109
Relates the experience about the maiden voyage of Queen Mary 2 cruise ship in the Atlantic Ocean. Features of the ship; Duration of the cruise; Acquisition of Cunard Line by Carnival Cruise Corp.