Penn State's Union Street roll-out: New union concepts set
- Geared to age-groups: Penn State introduces new 5-star nutrition ratings. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Reports on University Park-based Penn State University's introduction of a `five-star' rating system to help students identify five key nutrients in their food selections. Posting of the five-star system on the menus.
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: PENN STATE BRAND UPDATE RECORDS $9K DAILY BOOST. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p24
Presents updates on the renovation of University Park, Pennsylvania-based Penn State University's HUB student union which combine national, manufacturer and in-house brands. Background of the conversion of the operation; Aims of the renovation; Status of the facility employment; Remarks from HUB...
- Penn. St. Debuts new Foodcourt. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p18
Informs about the opening of the foodcourt at the Pennsylvania State University's main campus in University Park. Completion date for first phase of a two-part expansion of cash-operations; Food service areas including Casa Ortega by Nestle, Piccalilli's salad operation, and Chat's coffee bar.
- Renaissance Food Fairs: Penn. State residents halls try `period dining' foodfairs. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p21
Reports on the food fairs of Renaissance Food Faires at Penn State University in University Park, Pennsylvania. Food at the fairs; Food service employees at the fairs; Participation of students at the fairs.
- HOW COLLEGE FOODSERVICE IS PERFORMING. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p39
Presents information on self-operated college and university food service operations in the U.S. which participated in the 2000 to 2001 performance report of 'FoodService Director.' Penn State University in University Park, Pennsylvania; Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan;...
- Proactive Student Inspires Kosher Program. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p18
The article reports that the Pennsylvania State University's the Mix convenience store in University Park, Pennsylvania, began offering kosher foods such as Back to Nature cookies, Sabras Hummus and kosher macaroni and cheese in December 2007. Director of Food Services Lisa Wandel says a student...
- From Books to Cooks. // Food Management;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p70
This article presents information on the food court at Pennsylvania State University in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The food court is located in the Olmsted Building, formerly a library and before that part of Olmsted Air Force Base. The building is also the campus's primary classroom building. A...
- Looking for Adventure. // FoodService Director;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p30
The article features Lisa Wandel, director of Residential Dining at Pennsylvania State University at University Park. Wandel explains how she started The Women's Adventure Club for Centre Country, a Meetup group where women-members would come together for outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking...
- Healthy American. // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p28
The article focuses on a major menu redesign at Simmons Hall on the campus of Pennsylvania State University in University Park in an effort to be known as a place where students can get really good food. Simmons Hall has been called a health food facility and a haven for vegetarians and vegans....