- Food irradiation leaves a bad flavour. // Chain Reaction;Jul96, Issue 75, p8
Cites the rejection of food irradiation by two American companies. Effects of the rejection on the irradiation industry; Effects of irradiation on food.
- Irradiation pasteurization of solid foods: Taking safety to the next level. Osterholm, Michael T.; Potter, Morris E. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Oct-Dec97, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p575
Presents information on irradiation pasteurization of solid foods. Indepth look at the effect on diseased cattle; Details on foodborne illness; Reference to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points programs.
- Food irradiation -- `protecting' us? Gormley, James // Better Nutrition;Feb98, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p10
Editorial. Looks at the irradiation of food, protection against it. Reference to 441 studies on irradiated food that were investigated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA); Details on a clinical study in India in 1975; Indepth look at the irradiation of food.
- alive files. Hancock, Michelle // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Feb2003, Issue 244, p10
Focuses on irradiated food in Canada. Controversies about the use of irradiation as a food preservation process; Call to disallow the entry of irradiated food into Canada; Mechanics of action plan.
- WHO studies safety and nutritional adequacy of irradiated food. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p1O7
Looks at the main conclusion of a detailed study by the World Health Organization (WHO) entitled, `Safety and Nutritional Adequacy of Irradiated Food.' The question of whether radiolytic products could have toxic effects for consumers; Number of countries worldwide that have approved the use of...
- Supermarkets Introduce Irradiated Ground Beef--Again. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p3
Discusses the significance of irradiating foods.
- USDA to allow importation of irradiated fruits, vegetables. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p60
Reports that the U.S. Department of Agriculture will allow the import of irradiated fruits and vegetables.
- Food irradiation: Has its time come? Lenius, Patricia // Prepared Foods;Oct95, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p15
Focuses on food irradiation. Developments concerning food irradiation; Description of the process involved in food irradiation; Food processing industry's stand on the issue; Question on the acceptability of food irradiation as a healthy practice. INSET: Food irradiation short course..
- Forum on Science & Technology. Berger, Dan // National Forum;Summer2000, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p7
Provides information on irradiated foods in the United States. Use of irradiation to sterilize medical supplies and food; Effects of irradiation on foods; Advantages and disadvantages of irradiation.