21% are `daily users': NRA releases take-out study
- Health care: The debate heats up. // Nation's Restaurant News;Jan94 Special Issue 75 Years, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p60
Presents opinions of some of the foodservice industry's leading professionals about the health-care issue and what it will mean to their businesses. Marvin Saul, owner of Junior's Deli; Tim Psyhogios, president of Fountain Blue Restaurant; Robert A. Freeman, president of California Cafe...
- Sanitation regs aim at smoking. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p20
Reports that anti-tobacco groups in some states in the United States are embracing strategies aimed at prohibiting smoking in restaurants and other food service outlets. How council members in Washington DC maneuvered past a threatened veto of their proposed anti-smoking ordinance; Pressure on...
- How the Other Half Eats... Badham, James // Bon Appetit;Aug99, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p20
Presents results of a survey by Canned Food Alliance on dining in the United States. Home food delivery; Hiring a chef at home.
- 2 tastes done medi-um. Lape, Bob // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p30
Features the restaurant Medi owned by Roberto Ruggeri of the Bice organization and partnered with Roger Verge in New York, New York. Description of the space as divided made by Med and Medi; Presentation of menu dishes and appetizers; Appreciation of the bartending and wines; Rate of the...
- BrandCapsule: CLEANLINESS RULES IN BRAND UNITS. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p5
Presents a chart featuring the findings of a research which concluded that fast-food customers care more about cleanliness, taste and accurate orders than friendly and speedy service.
- ATHLETES' OPINIONS OF FOOD PROVISION AT THE 2010 DELHI COMMONWEALTH GAMES: THE INFLUENCE OF CULTURE AND SPORT. // SportEX Dynamics;Apr2013, Issue 36, p4
The article provides information on a survey conducted on how western and non-western athletes who were participating in the 2013 Delhi Commonwealth Games rated the arrangement, nutritional value and quality of food served to them during the games.
- IN 2002: 78% bank on patron-counts to move higher. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p43
Reports on positive overall outlook for non-commercial foodservice sales and customer-traffic for 2002 in the United States. Issues facing non-commercial foodservice; Percentage of survey respondents that plan to raise prices again; Percentage of surveyed foodservice operators that will be...
- Online Poll. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/9/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p5
The article presents the results of an online poll which asked whether the Southern Nevada Health District's issuing of permits for separate times for food service and smoking is bad language, breaking the law, a fair balance or headed for court. Thirty-nine percent of respondents said it was...
- Market capsule: How airline food rates today. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p10
Reveals how passengers on foreign and domestic airlines in the United States rate food service.