Bestselling Books Mix Faith, Fiction and Branding
- Work, Too, Is a Spiritual Practice. Crosby, Cindy // Publishers Weekly;7/2/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 27, pS10
Focuses on trends in publishing inspirational business books in the United States. Sales status of motivational business books; Samples of motivational books by celebrities; Information on the book series that W Publishing Group plans to publish in September 2001.
- Name Change, New Imprints At Word Publishing. Crosby, Cindy // Publishers Weekly;6/25/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 26, p12
Announces the move of publishing company World Publishing to change its business name to W Publishing Group. Reason for the change in corporate identity; Business plans and strategy.
- Daniel Promoted to V-P, W Publishing. // Publishers Weekly;9/27/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 39, p10
Reports on the promotion of Grey Daniel to vice president, associate publisher of the Thomas Nelson imprint from executive director of the W Publishing imprint. Career background of Daniel.
- The insider's guide to submissions. McGlashan, Jennifer // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Feb95, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p22
Presents the personal experience of the writer with submitting manuscripts to publishers. Sending a letter, a synopsis of the novel and a bio-data to the publisher; Advisability of consulting a grammar book; Other tips from the author.
- Seanfrench. // New Statesman & Society;5/12/95, Vol. 8 Issue 352, p35
Presents ideas and developments related to the publication of novels. Criticisms of publishers who turned down the novel `Brownout on Breadfruit Boulevard,' by Timothy Mo; Features of the book; Tom Clancy's franchising of his novels.
- Popular culture--publishing fiction. Hooker, John // Social Alternatives;Apr92, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p55
Discusses the influence of commercial fiction publishing to the popular culture of Australia. Historical background on the reading of fiction; Classes of `popular' fiction; Examples of popular fiction authors; Moral issues involved; Australia's strong tradition of popular writing; Involvement...
- What's Inside. Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;3/28/2005 Supplement, Vol. 252, pS2
Introduces a series of articles that examine some of the challenges of publishing and selling faith fiction.
- Dimensions of Children's and Young Adult Literature. // Impossibilia: Revista Internacional de Estudios Literarios;abr2014, Issue 7, p181
An introduction to the 8th issue of "Impossibilia: Revista Internacional de Estudios Literarios," is presented.
- Invisible woman. Hopkinson, Nalo // Quill & Quire;Apr2001, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p38
Comments on the status of science fiction novel publishing in Canada. Scarcity in the magazine publishers of science fiction short stories; Contempt shown by the community on science fiction writers.