The science of making moonshine
- Moonshine! Brown, Shelley // Library Journal;5/15/2007, Vol. 132 Issue 9, p109
The article reviews the book "Moonshine!," by Matthew B. Rowley.
- Illicit Distilling and Smuggling. Lang, John; Lang, Jean // Stories of the Border Marches;1/1/1916, p107
Presents the short story "Illicit Distilling and Smuggling," by John Lang and Jean Lang.
- Moonshine (Book). Kister, Kenneth F. // Library Journal;8/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 13, p111
Reviews the book 'Moonshine: A Life in Pursuit of White Liquor,' by Alec Wilkinson.
- You be the Judge. Schorr, José // Saturday Evening Post;5/3/1958, Vol. 230 Issue 44, p86
Presents a legal brief on illegal purchase of sugar for illicit distilling. Overview of the case; Legal basis of the U.S. State Court of Appeals in convicting the person found guilty of illicit distilling.
- THE INDIAN OF THE NORTH. // Film & History (03603695);Feb-Dec1993, Vol. 23 Issue 1-4, p27
The article presents information related to history of motion pictures. Western movies have often been characterized as American cinema par excellence, and as stories about the history of the American west. Feature films have been made in Finland since 1907, when "The Illicit Distillers,"...
- Hipster Moonshine. Curtis, Wayne // Atlantic;Apr2010, Vol. 305 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses contemporary moonshine production in the U.S. Particular focus is given to the work and experience of author Max Watman and his book "Chasing the White Dog: An Amateur Outlaw's Adventures in Moonshine." The brewing of moonshine by individuals is compared to home-brewing,...