State stem cell research funding agency awards $20 million to UCI, StemCells Inc
- Grant Brings Stem Cell Research closer to In Vivo Studies. Kocmarek, Kathleen // Canadian Thoroughbred;Fall2013 Equine Guelph, p2
The article offers information on the role of grant provided by Canadian Foundation of Innovation - Leaders Opportunity Fund in boosting research study related to in-vivo study of stem cell.
- Clinic Roundup. // BioWorld Today;8/5/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 148, p3
The reports focuses on research by therapeutics developer Stemcells Inc. which examined transplantation of its purified human neural stem cells into patients with Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease (PMD).
- Restructuring Roundup. // BioWorld Today;6/5/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 107, p3
The article unveils the plan of StemCells Inc. to close its Stem Cell Sciences facility in Melbourne, Victoria. The closure, according to the company, aims to streamline its operations and reduce its burn rate. The Australian operations of the company will be transferred to its locations in Palo...
- Scripps Research Institute high school program receives CIRM grant. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that the Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, will receive funding from the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, San Francisco, California, to foster creativity and scientific innovation in high school students and to fund basic stem cell discoveries.
- ReNeuron and StemCells get green light for neural stem cell trials. Mack, George S. // Nature Biotechnology;Feb2011, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p95
The article reports that biotechnology companies ReNeuron and StemCells received approvals for their stem cell research. ReNeuron has started treating patients with its ReN001 genetically engineered neural stem cell line, while StemCells begun its phase 1 clinical trial with HuCNS-SC human...
- Stem cells treat paralysis. // New Scientist;9/8/2012, Vol. 215 Issue 2881, p4
The article reports that three people paralysed from the chest down have received injections of neural stem cells into their spinal cord in which two of the three had sensations between their chest and belly button after six months of therapy. The treatment, which was developed by Stephen Huhn...
- StemCells Wins Second $20M Grant from CIRM for AD Work. Shaffer, Catherine // BioWorld Today;9/7/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 174, p1
The article reports on the 20 million-dollar grant from the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) which will support the preclinical development of StemCell Inc.'s HuCNS-SC neural stem cell product in Alzheimer's disease over a four-year period. Martin McGlynn, chief executive...
- Clinic Roundup. // BioWorld Today;12/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 236, p2
This section offers news briefs on clinical trials. A Phase III contraceptive trial for Savvy was completed by Adamis Pharmaceuticals Corp. Enrollment was initiated by BioMimetic Therapeutics Inc. in a trial of the Augment Rotator Cuff Graft for the repair of rotator cuff tears. Authorization...
- MPA Legislative Committee Update. Vincent, Steven M. // Minnesota Psychologist;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on Minnesota government shutdown in response to increase of taxes on wealthiest Minnesotans and use of these taxes for social services. It stats that Governor, Mark Dayton of Minnesota has agreed to accept fiscal terms of the Republicans if they agree to end conditions...