Making the Leap: Jim Collins on Going from Good to Great
- Built to Be Great. Coné, John // T+D;Aug2002, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p22
Interviews author Jim Collins on the ways to a successful career. Idea behind the culture of discipline; Role of genetics to the development of being great; Power of ideas.
- Onward and Inward. // Across the Board;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p29
Interviews Jim Collins, author of the book 'Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...and Others Don't' about corporate leadership. Definition of a Level 5 leadership; How Level 5 leaders differ from the other leadership levels; Example of a great leader; Approaches to building a company.
- What's So Gr-r-r-reat about Your Bank? Albro, Walt // ABA Bank Marketing;May2003, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p28
Interviews Jim Collins, a former faculty member at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business and author of the book 'Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...and Others Don't,' about the factors that enable a bank evolve into an exceptional financial institution. Ways that...
- AN INTERVIEW WITH JIM COLLINS. Bernhut, Stephen // Ivey Business Journal;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p10
An interview with Jim Collins, the professor turned writer, is presented. When asked about why did he write "How the Mighty Fall?" he said that he was researching on the failure of companies. He said that there are five stages in a company's decline and its easy to cure in the early stages. When...
- Q&A With Jim Collins. Mast, Carlotta // School Administrator;Dec2003, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p29
Interviews author Jim Collins about public education. Discussion of Collin's Good to Great principles; Views on the interest in the Good to Great Research among public school leaders and teachers; Characteristics or metrics to be examined when determining the quality of a public school.
- Jim Collins taking health care from good to great. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug2007, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p50
An interview with Jim Collins, author of "Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...and Others Don't," is presented. He noted that chief financial officers must reject the idea of making health care as a business. He encourages all sector organizations to assess and track performance to...
- BE GREAT NOW. // Inc.;Jun2012, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p68
An interview with author Jim Collins whose latest book is entitled "Great by Choice," is presented. He offers his definition of a great company. He explains the role of great companies as role models. He discusses the importance of explaining the whys to young employees. He offers comments on...
- OH, GREAT. Williams, Geoff // Entrepreneur;May2002, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p26
Interviews Jim Collins, an entrepreneur and author from the U.S. Opinion on changes in entrepreneurship; Advice for companies.
- The Flywheel Manifesto. Collins, Jim // CIO Insight;2002 Special Issue, Issue 15, p72
Interviews Jim Collins, the head of a management firm in Boulder, Colorado. Achievements of Collins; Importance of technology for the business; Career highlights.