Corporate Reform... or Business As Usual?
- Stock downdraft will force non-profits to cool giving. Mccormick, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;7/29/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p3
Examines the impact of stock downturn on non-profit investment funds in Illinois, Chicago. Need to maintain financial commitment to organization; Descriptions of the non-profit investment funds; Reliability of funds on investment committees' boards and financial consultants.
- The lead director in fund governance. Robbins, Larry M. // Directors & Boards;Summer2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Presents guidance on how the lead director can take the lead in enhancing board effectiveness in mutual fund governance in the U.S. Functions, responsibilities and duties; Improving director effectiveness; Development of interpersonal skills; Conduit of information; Champion of the shareholder;...
- Bonds down as equities continue comeback. Abbott, Ben // Money Management;11/13/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the growth of Australian equities in October 2003. Reason for the rally in October; Remarks from fund manager Ausbil Dexia on the growth; Comments from John Honan of Ausbil on the growth.
- Style Drift (Still) Happens. Israelsen, Craig L.; Kruse, Darcy A. // Financial Planning;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p99
Presents the result of a study on the existence of style drift within equity funds in the U.S. Dilemma faced by planners with style drift; Mean style drift measure among funds; Factors behind the tidal wave of style drift.
- Disenchantment with Fund Companies Sets In. Garmhausen, Steve // Financial Planning;Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p34
Discusses a survey conducted by Dalbar about the dissatisfation of financial advisers from mutual fund companies with regards to the U.S. stock market. Categories where mutual fund companies performed poorly; Criticisms in the quality of communication provided by mutual fund companies to their...
- Breaking From The Fund Flock. Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;May99, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p144
Provides information on the different styles of stock-picking among financial planners. Features of self-styled stock pickers; Characteristics of stocks according to an independent financial planner; Advantages of stocks over mutual funds; Information on tax efficiency and turnover.
- THE FEELING'S MUTUAL. Cramer, James J. // New York;01/22/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p37
Recommends several mutual fund managers and investment advisers based in the United States who are tasked to organize stock trading for customers. Bill Miller of the Legg Mason Value Trust; Richie Freeman from Smith Barney Aggressive Growth; Elizabeth Bramwell of Bramwell Growth.
- Stupid Investor Tricks. Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p115
Deals with issues on stock mutual funds. View of financial planners on mutual funds; One case regarding a 401(k) plan; Variations seen by planners; Discussion on investor practices. INSET: Is There A Way To Quiet The Hype?.
- Texas to Launch Search, Review Managers. Forde, Arnella J. // Investment Management Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the search of Texas Permanent School Fund for a manager to oversee an indexed international equity allocation. Value of the fund; Impact of a plan to review internal and external manager lineup.