Fed's new food safety program
- Counting Calories. Long, Emily // Government Executive;Mar2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p7
The article offers information on a wellness program campaign launched by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and designed by Sodexo Inc. for encouraging smarter eating choices available at the Agriculture Department's South Building cafeteria.
- State poinsettia growers hope sales will bring them Christmas cheer. LANE, AMY // Crain's Detroit Business;12/10/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p0012
The article offers information on the production of poinsettias plant in Michigan. It states about the Make It a Real Michigan Christmas campaign, supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture with the Michigan Christmas Tree Association, Michigan Floriculture Growers Council and Michigan...
- Despite evidence that wooden cutting boards... // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1994, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p7
States that the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) still advises consumers to `use boards from nonporous materials such as plastic or glass...' despite evidence that wood cutting boards are more resistant to food bacteria than are plastic boards. `Food News For Consumers'; Details.
- Mega-million dollar price tag for food safety. // Food Engineering;May2002, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p16
No abstract available.
- ...Food safety coloring book... // Child Health Alert;Mar1998, Vol. 16, p5
Features the children's coloring book `Food Safety at Home, School, and When Eating Out,' available at no cost from the US Department of Agriculture. Health habits discussed in the book; Features of the book.
- Food Safety Spring Tune up. Kline, Wes // Plant & Pest Advisory: Vegetable Crops;3/16/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the food safety plan for the Spring season harvest in the agriculture industry. It offers ideas such as to start with food safety safe audit from the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA), food safety training for workers, and ensure inputs with the National Organic Program...
- Dreaming the Impossible dream. VATRI, JORHANY // Independent Processor;Jun2013, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p8
The article presents the author's views on depending on public to learn food handling techniques. The author states that it is unfortunate that the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) doubt the feasibility of depending on public to learn food handling...
- Raw chicken dangers alarm regulators. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;Summer91, Issue 59, p13
Reports on the US Department of Agriculture's warning on the handling of processed chickens at market level. Increase in number of food poisoning cases; Introduction of a bill requiring a study of poultry-related sickness; Consumer advocates call for the supervision of handling poultry on every...
- UC Davis partners in beef E. coli prevention. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;2/3/2012, p18
The article reports on the research on reducing health risks associated with E. coli bacteria. It makes reference to the announcement of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on January 23, 2012 of the project led by the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. An overview of the collaboration of...