USDA donates surplus, urges states to buy more
- Federal Statistics: USDA Food and Nutrition Programs. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1998, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p66
Offers information on three of the major food assistance programs of the United States Department of Agriculture. Food Stamp Program; Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children; National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs.
- USDA to donate Florida citrus products to CNP. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p54
Reports on the US Department of Agricultural's (USDA) plan to donate Florida citrus products to the Child Nutrition Program and other food-assistance programs.
- Food-assistance spending held steady in 1996. Oliveira, Victor // FoodReview;Jan-Apr97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p49
Provides financial information on the United States Department of Agriculture food-assistance programs. Information on how the food stamp program costs declined slightly; Detailed information on the outlays for child nutrition programs and how they grew by four percent. INSETS: Domestic...
- Summer Shouldn't Mean Hunger For Children. CONCANNON, Kevin // State Journal (WV);4/11/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p29
The author discusses the significance of the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in reducing the hunger gap for children.
- Meat Purchase to Aid Drought-Stricken Livestock Producers. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;8/20/2012, p20
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to acquire up to $170 million of meat products for federal food assistance programs.
- Feed the hungry. Fudge, Marcia L. // Hill;9/19/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 105, p19
The article discusses the report released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture regarding the implementation of food assistance and anti-hunger programs in the country in 2013.
- USDA to purchase $126 million in fruits, vegetables. // Greenhouse Management;Feb2014 Supplement Produce Grower, p6
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to buy up to $126.4 million in fruits and vegetables to be distributed to needy families under its Emergency Food Assistance Program.
- Pistachio bonanza: USDA to purchase 6 million pounds. // Western Farm Press;10/22/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p17
The article reports on the initiative of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to buy more than six million pounds of pistachio nuts for its food aid programs.
- ASFSA STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE: Advocates square off for USDA funding. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p50
Reports that the American School Food Service Association has joined other industry groups in restoring full funding of Section 32 for both mandatory and bonus fruit and vegetable commodity buys for child nutrition and other food assistance programs in the U.S. Budget plans of the U.S....