More Income Tax Breaks For Rich "Job Creators?" Sure. But With Strings
- Jobs and the Honesty Deficit. Buell, John // Progressive Populist;10/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p16
The author discusses the American Jobs Act proposed by U.S. President Barack Obama and looks at why almost all Congressional Republicans have voted against it.
- Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress on the State of the Union. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/27/2010, Special section p1
The article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President Barack Obama, delivered before a joint session of the Congress on the state of the union in Washington, D.C., on January 27, 2010. Obama discusses the efforts of his administration to overcome the recession. He cites the creation of a...
- Our Guide to the Best Coverage on President Obama and the Economy - ProPublica. Wang, Marian; Grabell, Michael // Pro Publica;9/6/2011, p10
The article offers information on U.S. president Barack Obama's new initiatives to help the sluggish economy and create jobs. It mentions that Obama administration expanded on the auto bailout begun by former president George W. Bush. It informs that Obama administration's central effort to help...
- (ELECTION) Strategists Say All Signs Point to Cooperation, Collaboration. // Children & Youth Funding Report;11/5/2010, p9
The article presents information on the goals of Republican strategists after successfully taking back the U.S. House in the November 2010 elections. Incoming Speaker John Boehner said that the chamber will focus on job creation and non-defense discretionary spending. Democratic Strategist Paul...
- For GOP, alternative jobs plan is tough sell. Berman, Russell; Becker, Bernie // Hill;9/12/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 122, p1
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Republican Party to lower unemployment through a job-creation platform while U.S. President Barack Obama pushes for infrastructure spending and temporary tax cuts in the U.S.
- More Happy Talk On Jobs From Obama. Remmers, Jerry // Moderate Voice;12/8/2009, p9
In this article the author discusses the proposals of President Barack Obama to create jobs and weather resistant homes at the Brookings Institute in the U.S. He is critical how the President presented his proposals as initiatives to address the economic problem but was only considered a happy...
- Five Questions That The Republicans Can't Answer. MULLEN, SHAUN // Moderate Voice;8/16/2011, p14
The article presents the five questions that U.S. President Barack Obama will ask that the Republicans cannot answer. One is how the Republicans can stimulate the stagnant economy by spending less. Another is how the government can encourage middle-class taxpayers to do their share of paying...
- Obama reveals Washington is dysfunctional and someone needs to change it. Andrew Malcolm // Investors Business Daily;10/18/2013, p00
If we could somehow tap into Barack Obama's vast reservoir of cynicism, this country might possibly achieve some of his green energy blather. Just from the thermal part of his rhetoric.
- Obama's Hail Mary Pass. Milligan, Susan // U.S. News Digital Weekly;9/9/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 36, p5
The article focuses on the disagreement between U.S. Republicans and Democrats over the plan of President Barack Obama to allocate another 447 billion dollars to create jobs. Obama expressed a direct order to members of the Congress to approve the bill to fund the American Jobs Act and offer tax...