MANIPULATION OF TEENAGERS THROUGH ADVERTISING: A CRITICAL DISCOURSE APPROACH
- Targeting teens means building buzz. Thompson, Stephanie // Advertising Age;3/27/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 13, p26
The article reports that edgy marketing efforts to connect with teenage consumers in the U.S. have become popular among packaged goods companies. Smaller American brands did well with their so-called guerilla tactics or underground marketing approach. These ads are usually short and funny and do...
- With time and money, teens represent a sought-after market. White-Sax, Barbara // Drug Store News;6/25/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p68
Presents information on teenagers as consumers. Amount teenagers spent in the United States in 2000; What teenagers want from a shopping experience; Good example of a mass chain that is attracting teenagers. INSET: Hey big spender: chains ply teens with trendy merchandising.
- The teachers' lounge. Barlow, Dudley // Education Digest;Sep2001, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p41
Reveals ways of marketers in knowing what teenagers want. Amount spent by teenagers in the United States in 2000; What makes the teen market frustrating for marketers; Two caricatures marketers use to help them visualize and market to teenagers.
- The girl power spend-up. Burgham, Sandy // AdMedia;Jul99, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
Discusses why teenage girls make up a better target consumer market than teenage boys. Greater sophistication; Greater experience as consumers; Far more interesting and lucrative for marketers.
- Milk tailors effort to teens. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;2/18/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p16
The article reports that the National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board is focusing its advertising campaigns for milk to teenagers in the U.S. in 2002. Key issues discussed in the article include plans to use mobile marketing in shopping malls, skate parks, music stores and convert venues...
- On Target. Masterton, John // MediaWeek;03/08/99, Vol. 9 Issue 10, SPECIAL REPORT CONSUMER MAGAZINES p10
Focuses on the use of target marketing and special editions of magazines in the United States. Sales range of `Time' for its special editions; How target marketing and special editions can be effective; Details on `Reader's Digest' target advertisement strategy.
- GROUP METAPHYSICS. Heather, Rosemary // C: International Contemporary Art;Summer2005, Issue 86, p5
The article introduces the issue and the desicion making by the promotion company Group Metaphyisc in choosing the market targeted advertising within the magazine.
- TEENAGE EXPOSURE TO CIGARETTE ADVERTISING IN POPULAR CONSUMER MAGAZINES. Lancaster, Alyse R.; Lancaster, Kent M. // Journal of Advertising;Fall2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p69
Krugman and King (2000) studied 14 magazines containing cigarette advertisements. Assuming one insertion in each of the magazines, they found that approximately 66.1% of teens would be reached by these magazines an average of 2.1 times. The current study shows that 41.4% of teens likely would...
- NOUVEAU NICHE. Paul, Pamela // American Demographics;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the application of alternative media advertising in reaching the U.S. teenager market. Survey conducted by The Taylor Group on the buying habit of teenage girls; Top Web sites visited by teenage girls in May 2003.