Prudential Adds Three to Research Team
- Did Prudential Burn Taxpayers? Pare, Terence P. // Fortune;11/13/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 10, p50
Ponders whether scandal-ridden Prudential Securities Inc. can stay out of the spotlight of the scandal-troubled world of municipal finance. Investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Justice Department in an effort to control the trillion-dollar municipal finance...
- Pru's new Muni Campaign. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;01/04/99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p7
Profiles Stanley Grayson, head of the public finance unit at Prudential Securities in New York City. Career highlights; Outlook for the company's municipal bond underwriting business; Obstacles facing Grayson in reviving the firm's public finance unit.
- With New Focus, Prudential Ends Senior-Managed Deals. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/02/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31009, p1
Reports that Prudential Securities Inc. is stopping its participation in municipal bond deals as senior manager following its decision to drop public finance as part of its move to become a retail-oriented firm. Volume of pending deals; Absence of a final decision on the firm's participation in...
- Will bondholders bite? Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p1
Focuses on Prudential Securities Inc.'s promotion of tender offers as an alternative refunding structure for issuers of municipal bonds. Company's experience with the bonds issued by the city of Farmington, New Mexico; Prudential Securities investment banker Joseph Fichera's promotion of the...
- Preaching the Muni Word. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p1
Reports the commitment of Prudential Securities Inc. to the municipal bond market. Views of vice president Evan Rourke on the municipal bond market; Demand for municipal bonds; Inclusion of interest rates on bonds.
- Firm: Washington Mum Market at Stake in Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32331, p1
The article reports on Prudential Securities Inc.'s arguments challenging the bondholders' appeal of a jury's finding that it did not violate state securities laws by selling bonds. Prudential claims that the Washington State Supreme Court will harm the municipal securities market in the state...
- Wash. High Court Won't Hear Appeal in Prudential Case. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32839, p4
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by bondholders of roughly $20 million of tax-exempt bonds that were sold by an arm of the Holmes Harbor Sewer District against most of the transaction participants. The Washington Supreme Court refused to review an appeals court ruling that found...
- Muni Prices Creep Higher After FOMC; Underwriters Price New Issues Firmly. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p2
Focuses on the prices of United States municipal bonds following the announcement of the United States Federal Open Market Committee on monetary policy. Moderation of economic growth; Absence of change in borrowing rates; Amount of Bergen County, New Jersey general obligation bonds won by...
- Pru's Million-Dollar Brokers Grumble. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Aug2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Focuses on complaints of brokers at Prudential Securities Inc.'s Special Accounts Group in New York City. Problems that the New York City branch faces; Departure of the company from the investment banking business; Dissatisfaction among brokers in the branch who are under an obligation to stay.