Minerals Post Pick
- Eligibility for deferral program updated. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;7/15/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p7
The article informs on the updated notice from the Washington Department of Revenue which lists the counties that are eligible for the high unemployment county sales and use tax deferral program starting July 1, 2012.
- Compliance with amusement and recreation service fee advisory discussed. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;8/1/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the full compliance expected with the Excise Tax Advisory (ETA) 3167.2011 until October 1, 2011, as advised by the Washington Department of Revenue.
- American Express OK'd for online excise-tax filings. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/6/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 25, pA16
Reports that the Washington state Department of Revenue has begun accepting credit-card payments when businesses file their state excise-tax returns online.
- State Governments On Trial. Kinnear, George // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/1/68, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p696
Presents the text of a speech given by Washington State Department of Revenue Director George Kinnear on July 22, 1968, which deals with the Multistate Tax Compact.
- WASHINGTON. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;12/1/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p7
The article reports on the ruling of the Washington Department of Revenue regarding the taxability of storage unit sales and the issuance of a brochure which explained the warehouse tax remittance incentive.
- Recycling operation not exempt. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;6/15/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p7
The article reports that the Washington Department of Revenue deemed a recycling facility operator liable for Washington use tax on machinery and equipment used in its facility to sort and bundle single stream recyclable materials.
- WASHINGTON. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;10/15/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p7
This article reports that on September 24, 2013, the Washington Department of Revenue issued guidance on the sales and use tax exemptions and refund program for qualified renewable energy systems.
- Petition for Waiver of Wash. Late Payment Penalties Denied. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;10/15/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p3
This article discusses the decision rendered by the Washington Department of Revenue in the case titled "Tax Determination No. 13-0085" relating to a petition for a waiver of late payment penalties filed by a taxpayer.
- Bakery Items Sold in Wash. Were Exempt. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;11/15/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p4
The article discusses the decision of the Washington Department of Revenue to exempt from sales and use tax a taxpayer's sales of bakery items deemed sold without eating utensils.