- Centerville considering utility franchise tax cut, rebate. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/19/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p16
Reports that the Centerville City Council in Utah is considering the reduction of its utility franchise tax rate. Possible offer of rebates to consumers; Total collections in 2000.
- City complex to join courts. // Planning (14672073);6/4/2010, Issue 1871, p5
The article reports on the decision of the Wolverhampton City Council to approve the plans to relocate the city's magistrates' court to a central multistorey carpark site in Wolverhampton, England.
- Arena powers up to dazzle the world. Kevany, Kevin // Electrical & Automation Technology;Jun/Jul2007, p10
The article features Vector Arena, New Zealand's largest multi-purpose, all-weather facility. Located in Auckland and supported by the Auckland City Council, the arena caused various controversies, including problems with acoustics, moving of deadline from 2005 to 2007 and budget issues....
- THE WATER-RATE DODGERS OF ORANGE RISK BEING SQUEEZED. // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/15/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6400, p14
The article reports on warning given to residents of the central-western city of Orange, in New South Wales, by the city council upon non-payment of bills. The 280 local homes and businesses still in water bill arrears until November 24, 2003 to pay up or have a washer fitted to their taps, a...
- Utility delinquencies study urged in Bertram. Brown, Hal // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/18/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p3A
The article reports on the call of the Betram City Council members to Utilities manager Charles Shell to examine the causes of the rising delinquencies on utility bills.
- City Signs 20-year Operations, Maintenance Contract. // WaterWorld;Apr2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p22
Announces the Stockton City Council of California's approval of a contract with OMI*Thames Water for operation and maintenance of the city's water, wastewater and stormwater utilities. Cost savings estimated as a result of the city's partnership with OMI*Thames; Plan for the company to make...
- Public utilities propose rate hikes. // Journal of Business (10756124);10/27/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 22, pA2
Reports that the city of Spokane's water, sewer and garbage utilities proposed to the City of Council a combined rate increase for 2006.
- Q&A with Chuck Clarke. Truini, Joe // Waste News;2/16/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p18
Chuck Clarke is director of Seattle, Washington Public Utilities. The Seattle City Council has voted 8-0 on December 15, 2003 to adopt Mayor Greg Nickels' proposal to mandate residential and commercial recycling. The city has undertaken the mandated recycling program in hopes of reversing a...
- Digging delay appeal win ends threat of ï¿½100m fines. // Utility Week;4/1/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the failure of a move to hold British public utilities responsible if they are involved in roadworks. Worth of claims filed by the Leicestershire County Council against Transco in 2003 for the late completion of several roadworks; Background on the original ruling on the digging...