'Yes' to Police HQ
- Cambridge, Mass, Set to Sell $68M of Gilt-Edged GOs, Half for Police Station. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/19/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32301, p28
The article reports on the likely sale of general obligation debt by triple A-rated Cambridge, Massachusetts. Huge portion of the proceeds will be spent toward the acquisition of a police station. The fixed-rate bonds will be sold through the i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system and will be...
- Cambridge, Mass., Selling 1st Note Sale in 18 Years. Helen Chang // Bond Buyer;5/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32124, p32
The article reports that on May 10, 2005, authorities of Cambridge, Massachusetts will competitively sell US$31 million in short-term notes to buy real estate for its new police station. The general obligation bond anticipation notes are rated F1-plus by Fitch Ratings Inc., SP1-plus by Standard...
- Early and Often. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p31
Reports on the state of early voting activities for three bond referendums in Bexar County, Texas. Total amount of votes; Deadline for the conduct of early voting; General obligation bond proposal for the fast-growing North East School District.
- Georgia Authorizes Debt in Order to Go Electronic at Ballot Box. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31349, p4
Reports the approval for issuance of general obligations bonds by General Assembly of Georgia. Approval of bonds for acquisition of electronic voting machines; Impact of the decision to voters rights; Use of machines during elections.
- Election Results. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p24
Presents information related to voter approval of bond sales in the U.S. as of December 13, 2001. Value of bonds pertaining to Moline Fire District in Missouri; Bond sales that were approved for Rush City in Minnesota; Reason behind a bond sale in Michigan.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33571, p20
A table is presented that lists bond elections involving 500,000 dollars or more, along with the dates when voters are scheduled to cast their ballots in the U.S.
- Vote is On. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/9/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31715, p31
Reports on the voting to be held in Tulsa County, Oklahoma on September 9, 2003 to decide on a $885 million revenue bond proposal. Rejection of claim by district judge Jane Wiseman that the bond ballot violated the state constitution; Significance of bond approval by voters; Areas where bond...
- LAPD Chief Complaint. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p35
Reports on the vote of the Los Angeles City Council to ask the city's police chief to show up for meetings of the committee that oversees a bond-financed program to upgrade police stations in Los Angeles, California.
- Week in Review. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p10
The article offers U.S. news briefs. The Board of Commissioners of the Port of New Orleans has approved for about $2 million in projects and repair work. A building will be refurbished this month as temporary offices for the New Orleans Police Department's Fifth District. The New Orleans City...