- BREAKING NEWS. // Hotel & Motel Management;06/18/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 11, p1
Reports developments related to hospitality industry as of June 2001 in the United States. Expectation of growth in hotel revenue; Increase on Internet-based hotel reservation; Details on the amount of loans offered by Choice Hotels.
- Report: House Gas-Tax Plan May Boost State Receipts $140B. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p5
Cites a report regarding the impact of proposed plan to adjust gas tax and double funding for highways and transit projects on Washington's tax receipts. Amount of tax receipts expected to increase; Agency commissioning the report; Details of the proposed plans.
- Massachusetts' Woes Slowing School-Aid Reimbursement. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;5/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31381, p5
Reports the decline on the tax revenue collection in Massachusetts. Reimbursement project to improve schools; Ability of the state to pay the short-term debt issued; Details on the competition pricing. INSET: Moody's Removes Suffolk From Watch List Ahead of Sales..
- Sorry state. // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p10
Discusses an estimated 700 million dollars budget gap in the fiscal year that ends June 30, 2003 in Ohio. Apprehensions among the Republic party members regarding a suggested increase in taxes; Incapability of the government to control the economy and its impact on tax revenues; Steps suggested...
- Perennial revenue procedures out. // Practical Accountant;Mar98, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p16
Announces the release of a standard set of eight revised revenue procedures which focus on letter ruling, determination letter and furnishing technical advice. Details on Rev. Proc. 98-1- Rev. Proc. 98-8.
- NEW JERSEY: Christie Cites Revenue Gap. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33254, p9
The article announces the projected shortfall of tax revenue through June 30, 3009 in New Jersey by Governor Chris Christie.
- Revenue Estimate Set. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/28/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33440, p7
The article reports on the Oklahoma general fund revenue estimate certified by the State Board of Equalization which had reached 5.2 billion dollars in fiscal 2012.
- The Effects of Economic Conditions and Tax Structures on State Tax Revenue Flow. Braun, Bradley M.; Otsuka, Yasuji // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug98, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p259
Examines the contribution of a state's economic condition and tax structure to the growth and variability of tax revenue flow. Measurement of state tax structure; Effect of each tax component on revenue flow; Impact of optimal tax portfolio.
- Casinos bring tax money, jobs, but concerns remain. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;11/25/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p13
Reports that casinos at Detroit are generating enough revenues and jobs but the negative effects still remain the matter of concern. Revenues generated by various casinos as of October 2002; Rate at which tax is paid by the casinos; Arguments in favor of casino trade.